General Doctor Who Discussion | Page 376 | The Popjustice Forum

General Doctor Who Discussion

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Kirkland, Jan 2, 2009.

1. I don't mind the Judoon coming back. I feel like it might even get a few fans from the RTD era back, since they're very recognisable but haven't made a non-cameo appearance since 2008.

2. The Judoon make me think more of ate Shadow Proclamation.
    I am so hyped for Series 12 and it’s so far away... Resolution was such a clear step in the right direction, I can’t wait to see what they’re coming up with.
    But it’s so long to wait and they’re teasing us already.

3. A teaser was uploaded today for the next animated reconstruction - "The Faceless Ones".

Andrew.L and idratherjack like this.
  4. I've always been intrigued by this one, I love the first episode which still survives. And more Ben and Polly is never a bad thing!

Skyline likes this.
  5. In some ways I would be more up for the original missing episodes being remade properly than new Who. Maybe get the guy who played the First Doctor in Capaldi's send off to play him.

Or just remake loads of old stories with modern technology and scripts.

6. Not excited for the Judoon. They're not great but they're prominent enough that their return pretty much halves the odds of another species returning. I wanna see the Chibs era Cybermen damn it.

I mean to be honest I care about the Daleks and Cybermen and outside of those two I couldn't give a fuck about any other recurring villains.

7. I miss the Slitheen.

Tribal Spaceman and Kirkland like this.
  8. Never experienced that emotion.

9. Boom Town is very underrated!

10. Rumours abound that there's an announcement tonight. This may be lies and nonsense though.

11. I haven't seen anything about an announcement

12. A few mutterings on Twitter, but so far there's nothing!

13. Someone mentioned it on Roobarbs, an announcement could mean anything though.

Kirkland likes this.
  14. What time is tonight though?

15. I can't imagine therest anything in it now. Surely it would have happened by now?

16. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Nice link to modern Who with the Magpie Electricals sign.

Skyline likes this.
  17. I was expecting Season 22 to be first Colin Baker season to get released but this is fine too.

The Colin Baker era definitely has its ups and downs but I'd say I like most stories from his era. Season 23 was an interesting experiment at a time when the show's popularity was drastically declining. Perhaps it was too much of a risk to do a big 14-part epic when the show needed to win back casual viewers.

I like the "Mindwarp" and "Terror of the Vervoids" segments best. I won't spoil anything for people haven't seen it but I wish Peri had a better exit than the one she eventually got.

EDIT: And of course Colin should've gotten a better exit too, but of course there was so much drama going on behind the scenes that things just didn't work out. I feel like Colin was in a bit of 'wrong place, wrong time' situation with his era.

Andrew.L and idratherjack like this.
  18. Wow, this looks great! Colin Baker was "my" Doctor and Peri my favourite companion so I've always had a soft spot for the much maligned Season 23. Mindwarp, Terror of the Vervoids and The Ultimate Foe are among my all time favourite Doctor Who stories.

All the extras look amazing:

Extended edits – of all fourteen episodes
    • Terror of the Vervoids – four-part standalone edition with updated Fx
    • Immersive 5.1 surround sound & isolated scores – on all 14 broadcast episodes
    • Behind the Sofa – new episodes with Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Bonnie Langford, Mark Strickson, Frazer Hines and Matthew Waterhouse
    • The Writers’ Room – Eric Saward, Philip Martin, Christopher H Bidmead & Waly K Daly discuss the ‘Lost’ Season 23
    • The Doctor Who Cookbook Revisited – brave cast members tackle their original recipes from the 1980s official cookbook
    • The Doctor’s Table – join Colin Baker and friends for dinner
    • In Conversation – Matthew Sweet chats to companion Bonnie Langford
    • Unseen studio footage
    • Rare archive treats
    • Convention footage
    • Blu-ray trailer
    • HD photo galleries
    • Scripts, costume designs & more in the PDF Archive

Take my money!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Tribal Spaceman and Skyline like this.
  19. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

That looks brilliant. I love these entire series collections.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.