General Dolly Rockers Discussion | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

General Dolly Rockers Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Charley, May 18, 2009.

1. Gold Digger is now being released August 31st

2. I really do like the Dolly Rockers but OH MY if those are not the most-photoshopped-beyond-reality pics i've seen in a really long time!

3. By that point, won't they all probably have developed cirrhosis, finished a twelve-step program, and left the music business? It just seems like any buzz they have now will be long gone by then.

4. I'm interested now.

5. Just had the loveliest interview with Sophie of the Dollys...she's such a sweetheart! I've posted up the interview at my blog here (shameless): http://www.muumuse.com/2009/06/interview-withthe-dolly-rockers.html, but the most important bit of info is this:

The girls didn't like the "Gold Digger" video. They're redoing it entirely! You can read more about it in the interview, but...this explains the frustratingly delayed August 31 release date. I think it's a good thing...they seem to know what they're doing.

6. Brilliant interview! Thanks so much!

Glad they're taking time with the Gold Digger video, shows they want to do this right.

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

How many days did the interview last?!!
    Amazing stuff.

Oh and...

Are you working with any well known producers or writers?

We wrote with this guy who wrote all the Spice Girls’ stuff. He’s called—we called him Biff. We’ve done a couple album tracks with him, but the people that we write our main stuff, our singles with, are two guys called Ray Hedges and Nigel Butler, and they did a lot of the pop in the ‘90’s, like Take That and things like that, like really big British bands.

You can say it girls, it's not a dirty word, ahem, B*WITCHED.

8. It's not a secret. Don't know if it's considered a sample or a re-interpretation, or an interpolation or whatever.

9. I won a Dolly Rockers mini lipgloss/mobile phone charm thing in a Twitter competition! Score.

10. And me!!

11. Was this posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPX6uFNj2r0

(Soul Seekerz Retro Mix)

Sorry if it was.

They were fun last night. I have a favourite now:

[​IMG]

The one on the left. Who is she? That's the one. She was 'focking bladdered'.

12. Brooke is my favourite too, she is ace.

I decided to watch their youtube videos - some funny, some crap but the "how to make punch" one is quite funny.

13. Why don't they just come out and admit it now...they're shite, as is the song. Nuff said.

14. Thanks for the links. I've fallen so hard for them.

15. justabluefox

justabluefox Guest

I like them a lot! I really liked the performance of Gold Digger. Also, How Did I End Up With You? needs to be released soon!

16. I love them. They're Shampoo trying to be the Spice Girls. But I think it works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.