General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3133 | The Popjustice Forum

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. They deserved to be singles.

Larsen, lushLuck, Stopremix and 3 others like this.
  2. Chemistry is pretty much perfect, although I prefer Singapore to It's Magic so would rather that had stayed on the tracklist. Replace Watch Me Go with Crazy Fool as well and you've literally got the best pop album of all time.

3. My version would include Nobody But You, I Don't Really Hate You and a full version of Flashlights & Fame if it exists.
    It would exclude See The Day, Long Hot Summer, Racy Lacey and No Regrets.
    There you have a beautiful Nicola lead album.

I love Crazy Fool, Count The Days and Singapore but I don't know if they actually suit the album.

4. Wasn’t No Regrets just the most random thing ever on a GA album. I’m glad we heard it don’t get me wrong. I think I’d like It’s Magic more if it was a group song. The fact it was all Nicola made it feel less worthy of an album track for me. But still, an amazing album.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  5. Kimberley keeps posting about being at Children In Need last night. I didn’t watch it as i was travelling, what did she do?

6. It's nice. But it's a Nadine solo basically. Singapore should have been a definite never mind being left at the cutting room floor!

7. [​IMG]
    "Crazy Fool" -a 100% on the money Cheryl led song.

Hi, how you
    Bet you didn't even think I knew
    About that girl that you'd been talking to
    Now we do

Well look at me
    She resembles everything you see
    Had me laughing when I heard that she
    Was your baby, maybe she's crazy

Ooh I thought you knew
    He'd been looking for a fair haired fool like you
    He'd been waiting all his life to be with you
    Crazy fool
    Don't you think I knew
    He'd been looking for the type to see him through
    You crazy fool

Heard your dirty calls
    The writing's on the wall
    Slip but didn't fall, boy
    So long

Ooh I thought you knew
    Crazy fool
    Don't you think I knew
    You crazy fool

And it's something you'll regret so
    I'll forgive but won't forget though
    When your fingers burn you'll learn so
    I had to go

Ooh I thought you knew
    Crazy fool
    Don't you think I knew
    You crazy fool

lushLuck likes this.
  8. Surely pictures of Ashley Cole are banned from this thread/forum?.

9. The fact Steps are performing fan favourites on their tour is such a wind up when GA couldn't be arsed to perform 'Memory Of You'.

10. Talking of Singapore means we should always remember this;

echoamelie, Mr.Arroz, Elysium and 5 others like this.
  11. TMI

TMI

Even the Saturdays performed Get Ready Get Set and Wildfire on their Greatest Hits tour.

12. Kimberley doing it live though....? Not sure I'd be here for that but they could have had an interlude or something like they did with Models.

13. To be fair, the live experience of Memory of You would probably be horrific. Just imagine Kimberley grunting and honking her way through it. The recorded version of her vocals is bearable because of how heavily produced they are.

14. All five should have had a solo Memory of You released on TEN (So I could keep the Nadine version and never listen to the rest).

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  15. I literally LOLZ'd at this.

bichard likes this.
  16. Kimberley probably would have ruined Memory of You like she ruined her awesome line in Something New live every single time they performed it!

Considering at the time Kimberley fancied herself a broadway singer, and Nicola's voice was "unchained" a live performance of Memory of You would have been a disaster.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  17. Kimberleys defining moment (in the studio) is Whole Lotta Historys opening.

18. The whole album should have been all Nicola tbh.

19. Thank you for the picture and the full lyrics. In a Girls Aloud thread nobody would be familiar with those two things.

20. They could have done a See the Day on us and distributed the vocals for the live performance.

I’ve always felt it was a crime they did covers on tour when their album tracks are fantastic. Womaniser was an offence.

Rooneyboy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.