General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3481 | The Popjustice Forum

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. You're one degree too hot.

Booers likes this.
  2. Only counts if you’re in the shade.

Island and chasingthepast like this.
  3. Long Hot Summer was a Poor lead single!

4. I don't get the hate for Long Hot Summer, especially from the girls. Its a tune.

Womanizer, Elysium, 4Roses and 10 others like this.
  5. Probably has to do with the fact that the whole reason it was recorded and released got scrapped.

6. While not my favourite, Long Hot Summer is perfect as soon as the weather gets warm

7. It’s a fun album track at best for me. Biology should have lead the campaign! Followed by Waiting, then Whole Lotta History.

cheida likes this.
  8. Long Hot Summer is iconic. A rushed release, but a great addition to their discography:

- Their camp side at its best
    - So many hooks
    - All those alternative versions
    - Released during a not-so-hot summer
    - The G-A-Y performance with the new lyrics
    - The non-alcoholic promotional cocktails
    - This performance:

2005 was not a good year in fashion.

9. LIVING for this performance. That wind machine is working overtime.

cheida likes this.
  10. Could always rely on Nadine to turn it up just that little bit extra! The way she slams that car door shut, boy is she gunna make up for being in the car for the first 40 seconds!

4Roses, DirkMcCallahan, Duppe and 4 others like this.
  11. I love the Long Hot Summer music video

12. It always sends me how blatantly obvious it is that they’re lip syncing in some of their old performances LOL I love it. Such a sign of the times

13. I absolutely love Long Hot Summer and adore the two alternate versions. I wish they threw out a couple more of those alternate versions since you know there must be dozens like these two and Wake Me Up. They were so generous with b-sides I can't really complain, but it would have been cool to get the alternate The Promise or others.

4Roses, V3RYP05H, Island and 2 others like this.
  14. Long Hot Summer gets a bad rap! It’s cheesy, pop and camp everything that girls aloud were about

15. When Nadine gets out the car is absolutely golden Nadine. The door slam, that outfit, the hand over the head. Iconic.

16. Controversial but...

....I prefer Long Hot Summer to Biology...

...there, I said it but it’s true!

V3RYP05H and lushLuck like this.
  17. Reported.

18. I don’t know why but I never think of Long Hot Summer as being the first single from chemistry, it’s always Biology. I know it’s on the album and I know it was released first but for some reason I view it at a stand alone single??!! With biology kicking of the new album campaign. Absolutely no logic in my thoughts!

girlsaloudjunkie and lushLuck like this.
  19. [​IMG]

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  20. I absolutely love this song:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.