General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3525 | The Popjustice Forum

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Sarah was absolutely stunning during the Chemistry era.

2. My "TEN" 2LP vinyl I designed is delivering today. "On The Metro" & "Every Now and Then" on wax? IN THE US?! Can't wait. Will update with photos.

3. TMI

TMI

I’m looking forward to them !

4. Holy. crap. I am floored by the quality of the jacket printing, labels and production for this 2LP.
    While the sound is kinda low on the sides (guess it comes with the lathe cut territory), but WOW am I excited to have this collection on wax. Here's pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. I’ve been having a real moment with Waiting these last few days. Sarah is truly so great on it.

6. Sarah is still alive right? Has there been any mention or sighting of her at all since Big Brother?

7. The good sis has gone completely off the grid and I think she lost her passwords to her social media accounts. I'd love for some sort of update, I hope she's healthy and happy.

8. I've held off from listening to the debut album in full for a while since getting into GA's music since everyone says it's their worst, but I really don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, it's a pretty solid debut effort for a girl group who were formed on a reality TV show.

What Will The Neighbors Say? is just as good as Chemistry and Tangled Up, to be honest (aside from I'll Stand By You, which is indeed shit).

9. In that article posted a few pages ago about Kimberley and Nadine being in contact again, Kimberley mentions talking to Sarah too.

10. Hooked my player up to a proper sound system, and I'll take back my "sound is low" for the lathe cut Girls Aloud - TEN vinyl I received. It sounds awesome.

Now playing: "On The Metro"

11. Amazing! How much was it to make if you don’t mind me asking? I’m seriously tempted.

12. Came to $86.25USD for the whole thing. Took about 8 weeks to turn around. You can ask them/pay extra for "jump the line" and get your vinyl done earlier. I have my designs for back cover saved. The labels I did on their website with the photoshoot pictures and logos.

Stopremix and Rose-Coloured Boy like this.
  13. Thank you for the info!

14. On the One Show tonight Kimberley said something like “We’ve not made plans yet but we’ve all definitely felt the outside pressure to do something.”

It’s gonna happen. Maybe an announcement in Q3/4 of 2021.

15. I miss them so so much, we were so lucky and we didn't know it.

lushLuck likes this.
  16. I think all of them enjoy performing. Now that the groups viability probably is greater than any of them individually it’s a matter of time.

17. Island

Island Staff Member

Nobody actually said it's a bad album. It's just not something people go back to in comparison to the rest of their output. It definitely isn't their best work as a whole, but it's a really solid and fun debut!

Rooneyboy and nikkysan like this.
  18. Those Chemistry era b-sides really should have made the album proper. Nobody But You, I Don't Really Hate You and Crazy Fool are better than some of the album tracks. I've always thought Crazy Fool would be elevated if it was more of a band effort though

19. I think most of the solo songs would of been elevated if it was a band effort.
    I think those b-sides have a totally different feel to them compared to the album. But I’ll never understand No Regrets being on the album. I think It’s Magic could of been replaced by some of the b-sides. If it had a group vocal potentially I would of liked it better.

JasonJay and BodyElectric like this.
  20. 'It's Magic' is brilliant! What the hell?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.