General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3559 | The Popjustice Forum

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. To this day, I cannot hear Nicola on her solo verse on Wake Me Up.

When I first got the album, I thought it was Kimberley... and I still think it's Kimberley. In my delusional head, I reckon Brian forgot to tell the right girl who sings what ddd. I know that's not the case but it sounds so Kimberley to these ears (plus when Nicola sings it live, it sounds nothing like the recording).

But then again, I've been told I'm tone deaf so what do I know...

2. Who does the opening verse on 'She'? The vocals are so odd to me. But the song is beautiful.

3. That's definetely Nicola in her Xenomania voice.

4. I can't deal with Wake Me Up being dismissed like this. It such a moment on WWTNS. After the poptastic bonanza of the first four tracks, Wake Me Up slaps so hard.

Nicola's verse does sound a bit like Kim but Kim could never deliver such icy and effortless shade of a verse.

5. What's with the outrage?! No one is saying it's not good, it's just in a singles discography with such highs it pales slightly in comparison!

6. The first line is Cheryl, no? Then Nicola sings the second part.

7. You’ve taught me something new today (no pun intended), I could have sworn it was Kimberley on the ‘dye in the wool’ verse. I’m also a bit tone deaf so that might be why, although it’s usually Cheryl and Nadine’s voices I sometimes get mixed up.

DirkMcCallahan likes this.
  8. Wake Me Up is a rush of a song with the flanged ha ha ha's and guitars. I don't know a better song.

Filler and lushLuck like this.
  9. [​IMG]

DirkMcCallahan, K94, Jamie and 22 others like this.
  10. I dont know why they were performing in a football tent, but Sarah especially looks absolutely gorgeous here.

11. Loved the Top of the Pops performance for Wake Me Up with the motorbikes. And the outfits for that singles run.

lushLuck and Sam Jones like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Wake Me Up is a banger.

13. The first two lines is Nicola, then Sarah!

MC54 likes this.
  14. Kimberley did an interview, just saying the reunion is not a possibility because of Sarah’s devastating news.

She said she’s glad she reconnected with both Nadine and Sarah before this all emerged. So sad, glad they got together before what I’d imagine is a horrible time.

15. That's nice about them reconnecting and although it's sad about no 20th reunion Sarah's well being obviously comes first.

16. 100%.

17. Whole Lotta History is perfect for a crisp cold morning dog walk in a teddy coat and sunglasses.

18. oh my god, this girl means so much to me. Xx

Espeon and ElectricPlatypus like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.