General Girls Aloud Discussion | Page 3565 | The Popjustice Forum

General Girls Aloud Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by marknyc, Nov 16, 2007.

1. *Continental gays.

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It just occurred to me today that when they were finishing up with Untouchable, Gaga and Katy were on their opening eras. Feels like a lifetime ago!!

Red Coat, Overdose, ratedr and 12 others like this.
  3. Just got the Love Machine 7" in the mail. Form just nailed it with their graphic design, didn’t they? And that Lamezma mix! Heaven.

4. We don’t talk about this song enough. The way that it would be the lead single & career highlight on anyone else’s album, but for Girls Aloud it’s not even the best song on the album it was released on.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  5. One of my all time Fave GA songs. Love it.

Sam Jones and lushLuck like this.
  6. In one of their Out of Control era interviews (I think it's on the bonus disc or something), Nadine told the rest of the girls that she ran into George Michael on a plane, and he told her he loves Call The Shots.

Rob, Womanizer, Overdose and 15 others like this.
  7. King displaying taste as always.

8. Such a well-made icy bop. Love the live version with Nadine singing with Cheryl in the end.

9. Watching the Tangled Up tour, all the girls seem very friendly with eachother - even Sarah/Cheryl. Watching this you'd have no idea there was animosity between Nadine and Sarah and the others.

10. I think it's easy to put on a mask when performing. It's not as easy in interviews.

They did well to cover up the issues which I really didnt know about for the duration of their original run.

Rob likes this.
  11. But there wasnt any animosity between them at that point.

12. There was with Nadine if you read the two memoirs of Cheryl and Kimberley.

13. Was there ever any real animosity towards Sarah or was it more that the other three were just super close?

lushLuck likes this.
  14. Oh right. Did it all start when Nadine decided not to attend the Brits?

15. I seem to recall it started when she moved to LA and got her own manager around the time of the Tangled Up recording or just before.

I think they all thought the band was going to end with the original greatest hits which might be why Nadine started making her own plans?

Island and Stopremix like this.
  16. I got a Dutch radio DJ to mention Untouchable recently! The song didn’t actually get played, but you know, baby steps and all that.

Womanizer, Lapras, jawow_ and 4 others like this.
  17. One time she met John Stamos on a plane and he told her she was pretty.

Sorry, I had to.

18. 2020 has been littered with excellent music from numerous artists... but I always find my way back to Girls Aloud in the end.

The GOAT.

19. Bless them they looked so lost. Also why is Kimberley dressed like she came straight from the office Christmas party.

20. You can’t get being any more early 2000’s and that’s what I love about them!

lushLuck and Island like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.