General Janet Jackson Discussion. | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

General Janet Jackson Discussion.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 777jonny777, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Me too! And you can also have a "Malaysian persuasion" and "Eurasian persuasion"...

I don't really get the hate for all the sex songs, at the risk of opening a tirade of Popjustice RANTS, Moist isn't even that bad! I quite like all her sexy talking.. but, I guess the gays don't like it "Moist? What? I don't understand? Your pu-what?" etc.

I also agree with Damita Jo being underrated. Like, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIdUwA6atTE will always be epic. This is sick...

And, while dance breakdowns might be totally early 2000s, the girl started them (and all the other girls are either still doing them- Pussycat Dolls- or should be doing them- Britney) so why can't she keep doing it!

And Daneeboy I know you didn't just diss Kyoko!!

2. debord

debord Guest

I also like Damita Jo. I do think the sex songs became self-parody though. The stretch from 'When We Ooh' to 'Lame' on 'All For You' is EXCRUCIATING.

3. Do you not like When We Ooh? I also really loved all those "Island" songs on Damita Jo...

Also, surely Janet has won some sort of award for "The name's Janet, or Miss Jackson if yo nasty!"... it's totally her "It's Britney, Bitch."

4. Tim

Tim

Purse? *tilts head*

I guess Im just plain nasty. 'Do It To Me' 'Get It Out Me' 'So Excited' 'This Body' at the risk of sounding like a Sugababe all push my buttons.

5. (!) BRILLIANT! I have used Caucasian Persuasion but that really is the ultimate!!

6. Caucasian Persuasion! No, that is so the best. Oh my god, you win a prize! We need a Janet dictionary now.

7. Janet Jackson - Definitions of a Decade perhaps?

8. So was People magaize lying when they announced Janet's pregnancy?

9. debord

debord Guest

There were rumours that she was going to do a Madonna-esque deal with Live Nation, but they’ve denied they’re in discussions with her today. POOR JANET.

10. Oh dear, it's going to be hard for her to get insurance and backing for a new tour- considering the last one was such a shambles of cancellations. So, I guess she is a bit too erratic for Live Nation. At least they know there's no way in hell Madonna's not gonna turn up for her tour!

11. Ray

Ray

Oooh, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis of the 20 Y.O. fame.

12. vasilios

vasilios Guest

and the Spice Girls 'Forever'

13. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

and Shaggy's Hot Shot!

14. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Everything they touch turns to poo!*

Bar their 80s stuff

15. debord

debord Guest

Their two songs on 'Forever' are two of the best, easily. And their work with Janet and Mariah in the 90s/00s was mostly great. 'Petals' is one of my all-time favourite Mariah songs.

16. vasilios

vasilios Guest

HAHAHAHA
    Petals.

17. debord

debord Guest

It's brilliant!

LEAVE ME ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

18. I rediscovered a forgotten Janet classic the other day - the June 1987 number 27 smash Diamonds with Herb Alpert.

not sure if this video is youtube shit quality or if it's meant to be that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFGTcx8yjk

19. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

You would think after three failures in a row Janet's thinking might change, but how wrong you would be!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.