General Janet Jackson Discussion. | Page 396 | The Popjustice Forum

General Janet Jackson Discussion.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 777jonny777, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Janet couldn't and shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of someone else, even her brother.

2. The climate is different, yes, but I don't imagine Janet's attitude to discussing her brother will be.

3. I don’t see her saying anything. There’s not really a situation where she can win here. She can’t condemn MJ or support Wade or James because it’ll be seen as an admission of guilt and contradictory to the statements issued by the family and estate, and she can’t support MJ unless she plans on having her own brand take a hit.

4. 2014

2014 Moderator

The best thing Janet can do is focus on her Vegas residency and any new music will be a bonus. Her legacy doesn't need to be tainted by any of this.

blaze_dave, Ferk, LP and 6 others like this.
  5. She's best to just keep her distance from it all, the way that she generally always has done. Drop the surname again for the next release.

6. I think her silence on the situation says a lot. If she wanted to defend Michael, she would be along with the rest of the family.

distant_cousin and Terminus like this.
  7. I said it in the Leaving Neverland thread, but honestly, this has to be an extremely difficult situation for her. It seemed like Janet was always closer to him than anyone else in the Jackson family and they really did have a strong sibling bond, but as we're seeing now, Michael could also be extremely manipulative so who the hell knows what side of him he "let" her see. I can't even begin to fathom how she's processed something like this.

Regardless, she shouldn't be held accountable for his actions and anyone who does that to her has no understanding of nuance.

8. If Janet wanted to say something, she could. But it's also not anyone's business if she does or does not.

I do wonder if she'll stop dedicating 'Together Again' to Michael at the shows now though.

Ferk, nikkysan and Andy French like this.
  9. I don't think Janet will release any new music this year now with the current MJ situation.
    This must be really hard for her.

10. Well if she does that then that will tell us all we need to know about her stance on this.

11. I don’t see why she wouldn’t. She’s not Michael.

Mourning her brother =/= defending or supporting his actions. I’m pretty sure she’s been dedicating the song to Joe anyway recently.

Andy French and JMRGBY88 like this.
  12. Janet shouldn't have to say or do a thing. We all make our own choices in life, and she's not accountable whatsoever for anything her brother ever did.

djessie and Ferk like this.
  13. Nobody is responsible for MJ's actions, but if anybody in his life knew that this was happening and did nothing, they are just as culpable for not taking action as any enablers in the Weinstein, Saville and Spacey cases in my opinion.

Verandi and distant_cousin like this.
  14. So over the media complaining that Janet hasn’t said anything . Leave the lady alone, and she isn’t responsible.

15. I doubt anyone around him actually knew what was going on, especially Janet. We’ve heard over and over how paranoid and manipulative he was and how he shut his family out.

nikkysan likes this.
  16. I'd certainly like to think this is true. Benefit of the doubt and all that...

As I said in the MJ thread, he fooled the whole world and the families of the victims, so the same assumption should be extended to his own family at this point.

17. Were Janet and Michael close? You don’t really see many pictures of them together in the 2000’s? Or maybe I just have not seen them?

18. They were supposedly the closest of all the siblings, at least while they were growing up.

19. Didn't he used to call her 'fat ass' when she was a kid? Which made her feel body conscious even later on. Always a troll.

distant_cousin likes this.
  20. The inference that Janet is in any way not totally against these accusations is absurd. Taj said she isn't commenting because she doesn't want to draw more attention to it.

Janet has been performing Scream long after Wade and Safechuck's accusations came out, and if you have any strong feelings about the latter, you should probably avoid Janet now too (if you choose to not to be fickle about something so serious).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.