General Janet Jackson Discussion. | Page 397 | The Popjustice Forum

General Janet Jackson Discussion.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 777jonny777, Feb 7, 2009.

1. mdl

mdl

Oh La Toya. Never changes.

2. Cute. So if you listen to Janet you're a hypocrite who supports pedophilia?

3. The only thing I recall is the family attending the trial with him (2004), Janet included.

4. Yes, she’s complicit to the actions of a peodophile. That is literally your opinion.

5. Stop trying to shove your narrative which is wrong on so many levels down people’s throats. Enough is Enough.

6. You're an idiot.

Lioncourt and nikkysan like this.
  7. ...nobody said this?

8. To be fair, “X is cancelled!” has been the knee-jerk reaction to anyone who has provided the faintest pushback to the documentary so it is not a reach to say that Janet would be mauled for making a statement.

We live in a society where everyone is expected to make a statement on absolutely everything. In a public debate where Janet’s opinion is really immaterial to what is being discussed and quite frankly is going to be disregarded and discredited by someone no matter what she says or on what side of the fence she lands, there is dignity in her silence.

She was shamed and blacklisted to varying degrees for a full decade after the Super Bowl by the media. She spent almost five years fielding mysognistic and Islamophobic comments for falling in love with a Muslim man. The Unbreakable era did not just have a media blackout to re-establish her mystique as an artist. I genuinely think her patience has run out and she is not going to put herself in a position where the media can hurt her again.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. Oh my god, I'm FINALLY going to see Janet! I can't breathe!!!!

10. Would it hurt them to have her centre and have The Cure or The Killers in her place?

Stopremix and LP like this.
  11. I think The Cure, The Killers and Stormzy are the actual 'headliners' which is why they're top. But Kylie and Janet are so huge that they get equal placing on the poster.

Also, can I just say, what a great line-up for female acts. So many great performers, young and old. This is how to make a genuine effort to address gender balance.

12. 2014

2014 Moderator

That lineup is spectacular!!! Janet, Janelle, The Killers and Shura whew!!!!!!!

Mr Brightside and LP like this.
  13. Yeah, Jan isn't headlining but I'm not sure where she's being placed in the timetable. I can't imagine her going on before The Killers, for instance.

Either way, it means she's in Europe so there's the potential for some dates around then? Glastonbury notoriously pays low fees so she's going to want to be getting a nice cheque from somewhere else.

distant_cousin and LP like this.
  14. Whew, the legends jumped out.
    [​IMG]

15. This is the performance of Kids we deserve!

AlmostFamous, Alenko, mpl and 7 others like this.
  16. Why is Miley Cyrus so high up in the billing?

LP, Humanracin, Verandi and 1 other person like this.
  17. Fuck knows.

LP and Blue6010 like this.
  18. Janet and Kylie will both have the early afternoon legends slot that Dolly did.

hownee likes this.
  19. Kylie and Janet at Glastonbury?!!

Oh, the old bastards must be fuming on Twitter.

BritBill75, LP, Humanracin and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.