General Janet Jackson Discussion. | Page 411 | The Popjustice Forum

General Janet Jackson Discussion.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 777jonny777, Feb 7, 2009.

1. I never knew this existed (song or video) - it's amazing.
    If anyone has/could point me to a list of her remixes that have new vocals / are completely different songs, please let me know.

2. 2014, LP, Overdose and 7 others like this.
  3. aux, LP and Music Is Life like this.
  4. No Damita? Boo.

Music Is Life likes this.
  5. LP and Music Is Life like this.
  6. Love this mix and this one which she performed on her last tour:

2014 and LP like this.
  7. Wait. I seem to have acquired two guest tickets with easy access parking, backstage and vip camping for Glasto. I'm shaking a bitsy.
    [​IMG]

8. Oh my god! Have fun and report back!!!!!

push the button likes this.
  9. I feel like Go Deep is seriously underrated. It should have been another big hit for her, especially coming off the back of Got ‘Til It’s Gone, Together Again and I Get Lonely.

10. I can’t think of any other singles that were completely reworked like this in Janet’s discography (Mariah was the queen of reworked vocals). That said, most of the Rhythm Nation singles had remixes with really interesting adlibs and unusually highlighted vocals. Escapade Shep’s Housecapade Mix for example:

What is also interesting is the original version of Just A Little While, called Love Me, although it wasn’t officially released. The lyrics and vocals are completely different from the released version (I much prefer this one).

Damita Jo, LP, RainOnFire and 2 others like this.
  11. My favorite Janet song. The bassline is so deliciously Thiccc

12. I adore Go Deep. The bassline is fucking sick! An absolute highlight in Janet’s discography, and the video is a complete scream as well!!

beyoncésweave, Push, Jacques and 6 others like this.
  13. I can’t believe she’s finally performing it live again after 20 years. I thought she was skipping it because it mentioned her ex Rene but she even sings the line about him.

LP, Overdose and lehnw01 like this.
  14. That remix is *so* good - absolutely one of my favourite Janet remixes.

The Go Deep (Timbaland Remix) has a different chorus (though it's Missy not Janet...) - that's about the only other different vocal I can think of.

Seraphim likes this.
  15. See you at the Pyramid Stage!

push the button likes this.
  16. Just played this delight:

90s Slow Jam perfection and should have been a hit.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  17. 2014

2014 Moderator

beyoncésweave, hownee, LP and 3 others like this.
  18. Always loved on the CD cover of Velvet Rope the way the name ‘Janet’ was sort of superimposed over the image in a blocky computer font and you had to tilt the cover towards the light to see it. It seemed so cool & futuristic at the time.

19. Hey hey!

General introduction here, I've been a Janet fan since 2004 (I got into a lot of my favorite artists around the same time so if you've seen me say the same in the Madonna and Celine thread, I promise I'm not a bot).

My favorite Janet album is janet., favorite song is Runaway (one of the few videos I vividly remember watching back in 1995). I saw her once in 2017 and it was fantastic. I regretted not being able to get tickets to the Unbreakable Tour, but State of the World was just above and beyond, it was totally worth the wait.

Overdose, hownee, LP and 4 others like this.
  20. The smell of that CD was intoxicating.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.