General Janet Jackson Discussion. | Page 412 | The Popjustice Forum

General Janet Jackson Discussion.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 777jonny777, Feb 7, 2009.

1. You know what guys... I think this whole repressing of some of her finest work is good not only for long term fans, but also all these younger kids! Janet is a massive deal but so many people just dont know who she is beyond 'Together Again'.

I'm hoping that after Glasto she will finally tour in the UK and not cancel again!

A new album and tour or even a Greatest Hits tour wouldnt go a miss!

beautifulmorning, aux, hownee and 3 others like this.
  2. Everything about The Velvet Rope is immaculate. That album means the world to me.

3. The Velvet Rope is just a masterpiece on so many levels. She did no wrong here.

4. It’s absolutely incredible. It always takes my breath away whenever I listen to it. My favourite Janet album, my favourite R&B album, and one of my favourite albums of all time.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  5. It really is just superb, magnum opus.

6. Remember when @push the button said he knew the If choreo? I found evidence.

7. ma smooth and shiny looks so good up on your screen suga

LP and johnoclock like this.
  8. aux

aux

Oh definitely. I had only heard Control, and when I mentioned that it was the only Janet album I heard, people said I needed to listen to the rest. I got Control on vinyl this Friday, and forgot how excellent it was, so I decided to listen to the rest of her albums. Not to go all @Music Is Life, but I did my homework - I’m up to All for You now, and damn, Miss Jackson has a beast of a discography. I’ve already pre-ordered all the other reissues ddd

9. Hey nothing wrong with that at all. I still have to listen from 20 Y.O. on. I wish I could get the vinyls, but I own The Velvet Rope, All For You and Damita Jo on CD.

10. I love discovering an artist and then going through their whole back catalogue! And Janet is one of the best to go through! There are so many songs! I hope you enjoy it!

Music Is Life, life_is_good and aux like this.

11. Iconic-and then some.

FoxMint likes this.
  12. Ray

Ray

I have the old 1LP with shorter edits of songs. But what I want to do is what IS the limited Rhythm Nation CD?! Bonus tracks?!

13. aux

aux

Out of curiosity, what are everyone's thoughts on her albums past on this side of the century? I'm currently listening to Discipline and really enjoying it. I skipped over 20 Y.O., as I've heard people say it's her weakest album?

14. I prefer 20 Y.O. to Discipline (Discipline is the only aughts album of hers I really can't hack) but it's fair to say that Jermaine Dupri's fingerprints are all over it. How much you enjoy 20 Y.O. will largely come down to how much you enjoy his post-Emancipation of Mimi sound but it's probably my favourite of the trilogy of less... well received albums of hers. I think they really shot themselves in the foot by selling 20 Y.O. as something it really wasn't, but there's some enjoyment to be had.

aux likes this.
  15. I, to this day, have still not listened to 20 Y.O. in full.

Mr.Arroz, lehnw01 and Secret like this.
  16. I’d rank her post-2000 albums like this:

1. Unbreakable
    2. All For You
    3. Discipline
    4. Damita Jo
    5. 20 Y.O.

I enjoy Unbreakable from start to finish, but I’m not a huge fan of the others. They have their moments though.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  17. I just saw that too-makes you wonder!

Ray likes this.
  18. I'd rank them as this:
    1. Unbreakable
    2.All For You
    3.Damita Jo
    4.20 Y.O
    5.Discipline

Out of all the 5, I'd say only Unbreakable really comes close to capturing the magic and genius of those run of albums from 86-97.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.