General Janet Jackson Discussion. | Page 491 | The Popjustice Forum

General Janet Jackson Discussion.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 777jonny777, Feb 7, 2009.

1. I need Black Diamond.

2. Me too, hope it does not end up being scrapped.

3. I don't think it would just be scrapped entirely, would it? Delayed indefinitely, maybe...

4. Which can be even worse sometimes the long waiting game.

5. Might the final tracklist end up slightly different in the end? Sure. But it's Janet, the "I never wanted to be a singer" horse racing jockey aspirant chanteuse 40 years into her singing career, so we were always going to wait forever for it anyway.

kermit_the_frog and TRAVVV like this.

6. Still got it. Such a timeless Summer Jam.

7. I hope we still end up getting Black Diamond this year.

8. She looks gorgeous. The photo itself is kind of giving me this, though

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

An Insider likes this.
  10. The fact that in covering Mariah's shoulders they made it look like the cat is trying to throttle her...

11. Listening to The Velvet Rope today and I still can’t comprehend how Empty was recorded in 1997.

12. This was always my favorite on there, sounded like nothing else back then and still doesn't today. Would love to know more about the process of creating it.

nikkysan and Overdose like this.
  13. I'm so curious about the status of Black Diamond at this point. Lowkey I'm starting to think that she forgot that she announced an album in the first place dd

Rafa_el, LPT, Runawaywithme and 10 others like this.
  14. Haha, it does feel a bit like a blink and miss it moment shall we say.

Andy French likes this.
  15. I think about Empty so often. Not even playing the song back in my head, but actually thinking about it. There's so much to unpack that I think I could write a damn thesis about it.

LPT, Acronym, Txetxu and 9 others like this.
  16. As a young gaybee at twelve and a half-ish years old when Velvet Rope came out, my friend and I would listen to music while chatting on ICQ and we would send certain lyrics to each other and discuss them. We were possessed by the spirit of Janet and her dad thought some weird, old guy was sending her inappropriate messages when we were listening to Empty. I don’t think it helped matters much that What About directly follows.

beautifulmorning, TRAVVV, LPT and 4 others like this.
  17. I think it will probably come out with the new tour dates or is it cancelled all together?

Andy French likes this.
  18. ...and further down the tracklist, Rope Burn.

Quimogen likes this.
  19. We stan America OnLine!

beautifulmorning likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.