General Janet Jackson Discussion. | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

General Janet Jackson Discussion.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 777jonny777, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Well, yes, I know it's not Janet. But wouldn't it be great if it were for her?!

2. I think it's the sort of demo that has potential - the beat is kind of clunky and unpolished sounding but it's built on a good idea for a song I think. I'm guessing a new album would be a while off though since Discipline was only a year ago.

3. it sounds like Janet to me

4. You left out "less talented". Wait. "Untalented" would be a better way to describe Rihanna.

Anyhoo...just FIVE FREAKIN YEARS AGO Janet was on top. "All For You" was massive.

Was it REALLY JUST the nipple-gate?

5. There's no way All For You was just 5 years ago...

6. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

All For You was eight years ago.

7. I mean five years ago was when "nipple gate" happened and Damita Jo underperformed. Her career up to that point was in full swing.

8. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Okay, but she wasn't really doing much from 2002-nipplegate, meaning that the last time she was really out there and on top was 2001.

Not really a big enough point to warrant too much debate, but that's what I think.

9. As it is Janet's 43rd Birthday today, just wanted to let everyone know :)

Also, if you go on Janet's official website now, which will be re-invented soon, and sign up for the mailing list :)

Enjoy.

10. I would really love for her to surprise us all with her next work. She's still one of my favourite icons.

Happy B-Day!

11. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Happy birthday, second-most-talented Jackson sibling! You're 43 Y.O!

12. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET I LOVE YOU PLEASE BE GOOD AGAIN BEFORE YOU'RE 50!

13. Was never a huge Janet fan but for her all her megastar status I find her quite underrated. Shame her career is in the doldrums. Some wonderful moments over the years.....

Runaway
    Whoops Now
    Thats The Way Love Goes
    Scream
    someone To call My Lover
    Together Again

14. Hmm I had never heard this Whoops Now song before... it's not bad, but also not very Janet. I guess she really grew into her own sound around Rhythm Nation, but that's pretty conventional wisdom.

15. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I think 'Whoops Now' is very 1993-Janet but it doesn't fit in with her overall "sound", no.

16. Whoops Now is one of the worst Janet songs ever, particularly the album version which seems to go on for hours. In general, happy smiley Janet does my head in. It's when she does dark, nasty and angry that she truly excels.

17. Ray

Ray

I love both Janets -- Doesn't Really Matter is one of my fave songs by her and that is sugar-coated candy with added sweeteners. The only Janet songs I dislike are the endless masturballads.

18. I agree! Janet does pure Pop very well. Together Again, Doesn't Really Matter, Escapade, Runaway, All For You, Someone to call my Lover, Just a Little While...

The dark, sex club songs are just as ace. If, Nasty, Feedback, Throb, Son of a Gun, Go Deep, Sexhibition, All Nite...

19. To be honest, at this point I will be more excited if she re-releases her 4 'big' albums (Control, Rhythm Nation 1814, janet. and The Velvet Rope) than a new album in the same style of Discipline or 20 Y.O. The re-releases have to include some bonus tarcks, new booklets.... and better sound of corse, just like Michael did a few years ago.

Also, another Greatest Hits would be great, I said that many times but I keep thinking why on earth she doesn't have a Greatest Hits since 1995! If there are enough songs to have a Billie Piper Greatest Hits, for sure there are anough to make a Janet post 1995 Greatest Hits.

p.s. Oh! I forgot.. the Rhythm Nation and Janet. Tours on DVD please!!

20. That'd be great, though all her post-"Control" albums have to get bonus discs due to running time constraints. But a remastering job would be great, "janet." in particular sounds painfully tinny for such a modern album.

The janet. Tour won't get a release just like Madonna's "Blonde Ambition" one won't. It's all because of that stupid exclusive licensing contract they had with Pioneer...
    Shambles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.