General K-Pop Rants/complaints/unpopular opinions | Page 47 | The Popjustice Forum

General K-Pop Rants/complaints/unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Jawshx, Jul 26, 2011.

1. That's water mate.

eccentricsimply, Kuhleezi, He and 9 others like this.
  2. Girl group concepts are not divided only between cute and girl crush damn it.

savilizabeths, Kuhleezi, He and 5 others like this.
  3. Secret Garden is Oh My Girl's best single.

4. 24 Hours > Siren > Gashina > Full Moon > Heroine

[​IMG]
    i love all 5

PopZeitgeist, codecat and eliminathan like this.
  5. Like I said in the general thread, it's pretty much the opposite for me and I also think my opinion is unpopular.

This I agree with. None of them are less than a 9/10.

eliminathan and Serg. like this.
  6. I hate that YouTube keeps recommending k-pop videos like "The healthiest members of x group, ranked" or "How such and such girl group members lost weight". Please get that shit away from me.

Mikl C, He, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  7. Remember Rania from Dr. Feel Good? I personally think they are the best from the very best! Up there with SNSD, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, KARA, 4minute, TWICE ect ect. They are very talented and entertaining with killer songs and awesome members. They sang amazingly and danced with great synchronization.

It's a shame what happened to them. So much potential and close to becoming the rookie group of 2011. They were robbed and mismanaged and it's kinda a big mess now. So many lost opportunities, ever changing members (non of the originals are around any more and in the new line up, a member has already left and got married, but I do like all of them.) and very underrated.

Members left and right dissapearing from performances and no explaination why. Hardly any promotion or variety performances, new members not as good as the original 8 (but they're still good), US debut screwed over by management and cultural misunderstandings, members had interesting back histories between them like almost debuting in 2NE1 which could've given them great publicity if promoted well and discovered, members given wrong roles such as a member who could do a 25 second note but was rapping instead, amazing productions and credits for there songs as well as great chemistry which was never shown (like there talents!).

They even learned over 50 choreographies for each song!

They also had the first African American member in kpop. Alexandra is awesome. She wasn't rude, xenophobic, racist ect. She genuinely wanted to be there and learn as well as perform. They didn't teach her enough about how Korea's industry worked, didn't have her In any choreography, shafted her in an MV, mismanged her, leaked how the girls were treated, eventually left and criticized the agency. It was not Alexandra or any of the girls fault. Very mishandled plus they got along as well. It was like she was a featuring artist rather than a member. She left without any hard feelings for Rania though plus there wasn't a single controversy surrounding her too.

They worked so hard and none of it payed off.

eliminathan and Empty Shoebox like this.
  8. LOONA should have debuted with a song (and choreo) like GWSN's Puzzle Moon.

9. cute/innocent concepts > "mature" concepts, which often borrow from hip hop music/fashion resulting in awkward and corny imitations (you gon finna catch me, the baddest female, etc)

10. I never get reaction videos. Like what is the point of watching someone saying "oooooooooooh yeeaaaaaaaaah, woooooooow" over every random thing.

I know there are a handful good channels like "Musicians react to..." that actually have something to say though.

11. Why did you jump ship then sis?
    “Musicians react to” is the only one I can stomach, even though the reactors are getting more and more annoying. Dramatic Queen is funny in small doses, I guess.

codecat, Serg. and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  12. I like a queer (i guess) Korean producers channel that consists of him reacting to k-pop singles as he can give interesting bits and professional opinions but otherwise i agree. React videos are the worst type of entertainment and i hate FBE with a passion.

junglefish and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  13. I thought this was just a running joke ddd. Sunny Summer was a lame title track, though.

junglefish likes this.
  14. I hate when you listen to k-pop songs that you thought were the best possible examples of pop back in 2010, and you listen to them again now and ... you come to the sad realisation your favourite songs sound really dated and that k-pop is 100x better now. Cough Kara cough.

McQueer and Empty Shoebox like this.
  15. I actually think KARA's music has aged the best, because they never really chased trends. I'm gonna get dragged, but 2NE1's music has aged the worst to me, by far.

clowezra, Mikl C, McQueer and 7 others like this.
  16. YG's music in general has aged really bad and even now their music (BlackPink and iKon's material for example) has none of the freshness that other K-Pop acts' music has.

17. KARA were also amazing performers. So ridiculously charismatic and sharp. They just gleamed.
    They left it all on the stage when they performed. I miss them more than anyone not named f(x). And I miss them more and more all the time.

You could probably say the same about 2NE1, I guess. But I hope people don't forget KARA.

Seger, RUNAWAY, eliminathan and 2 others like this.
  18. Agreed about 2NE1.

As for Kara ... I was listening to them again earlier and their songs didn't really good as good as they used to, to my ears. "Jumping" was once my favourite ever k-pop song, but when I listened to it today I could only shrug and think, meh. I do still love them for what they've done, though, don't get me wrong. They're still one of my most played k-pop acts so it's not like I hate them!

Seger and junglefish like this.
  19. I get that. I still need to stop everything just to hear Step, but I don't listen to them that much anymore. They have a loud, in-your-face, kitchen sink, huge kind of eurodisco sound that isn't very contemporary these days.

But I still absolutely love to watch them perform, especially their concerts in Japan. They just 'got' it. I think younger groups should all watch them and SNSD to see how it's done.

RUNAWAY, junglefish and Empty Shoebox like this.
  20. Remember Me >>>> Windy Day

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.