General Lady Gaga Discussion | Page 2997 | The Popjustice Forum

General Lady Gaga Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. "The Edge of Glory" isn't a bad video at all. Seriously.

Andy French likes this.
  2. Why is Paparazzi being paid dust?

Andy French likes this.
  3. It's pretty bad by Gaga standards. I can't really think of what it has going for it. It looks like a new version of Sad Songs Say So Much by Elton John. I think only Million Reasons is worse.

4. I used to hate the video for The Edge of Glory, but I got over it. It's not ATROCIOUS and they did what they could with scarce footage.

GLC likes this.

5. I can't not think of it when I see The Edge of Glory video.

6. "Paparazzi" and "Applause" are her best videos for me, I think. "Bad Romance" is her at her absolute best and "Telephone" was such an event, even if the finished product is..a bit patchy. "LoveGame" is good too but fairly normal and not particularly Gaga.

7. The Bad Romance video is wonderful but man, Paparazzi's just a visual masterpiece. I think I'd put them both at #1 in a ranking, honestly.

Applause, too! Damn.

Leopold likes this.
  8. The Applause and Born This Way videos are patchy, but I simply adore them. I think those two are the ones that truly convey who Lady Gaga is as an artist (a bit of mess, but ultimately a genius). Bad Romance too, of course, but I feel like that goes without saying.

9. Bad Romance is her technical best video, undeniably.

For me personally, I've always loved Alejandro and Born This Way (and Bad Romance of course). I guess I like the "out there" videos. I think Marry The Night was the biggest disappoint, due to there being too much time spent in the dance studio. Looked like a rehearsal for a video, not an actual video.

10. Bad Romance is her best. Telephone probably takes #2 for me. What a time that was.

The introduction to the Marry The Night video is significant too, in that it explains her career up until Joanne perfectly.

11. I love the 'Judas' video. Is that an unpopular opinion?

12. Telephone is her best video for me, pure Gaga.

Bobbyrae likes this.
  13. Pretty neutral. I remember the premiere of the video. Some fans loved it and some fans hated it.

14. At least we can all agree that her worst video is for Million Reasons.

15. Never heard of it.

sugarcoma and Staticboombox like this.
  16. What else could she have really done for it, though? Even Gaga couldn't make an interesting video out of that song. Not that it's a bad song, it's just so slow and "meaningful".

17. GLC

GLC

Well said. Besides, it has Clarence Fucking Clemons (RIP) and Gaga looks rad and those are big points in its favour.

18. The simplicity of The Edge isn't what bugs me, it's the fact that the imagery that we do have doesn't match the song at all. The leather hooker look using fire escapes as a stripper pole just doesn't work at all for the song.

19. I adore Marry the Night because for me, it's the one time her excess didn't ruin it for me. Like, Born This Way or Alejandro, I think she should have been better about self editing (which I think is both her greatest strength and biggest weakness) in those cases but Marry the Night is just so huge in the right ways.

Petty Mayonnaise and Raichu like this.
  20. 6 years on and I can still vividly remember the 'she's OVER!!!' meltdowns when The Edge of Glory video came out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.