General Lady Gaga Discussion | Page 344 | The Popjustice Forum

General Lady Gaga Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Oh, she was wearing that one the other night when I saw her. Honestly, it's a pretty ugly.

But she put on a great show!

2. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Yeah, it's just her Paparazzi bob wig with some yellow thrown in but I do like a good wig change and believe that they should always be duly noted!

3. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I saw this on the britney thread, i giggled a small amount when she said she like a 'Good Fuck', but the rest of it was the same old.

4. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Rehearsal for what??

5. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Her acceptance speeches. It takes a helluva lotta practise to be that cringeworthy.

6. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

The Sunday Telegraph sounds like it's going to be an interesting read tomorrow about Gaga/Stefani ect..

7. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Why is that? Anything a little more specific or maybe a link?

8. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

It sounds really strange hearing her called Stefani, i know its her real name but its so wierd, some people on the loonyhouse that is the official GaGa forums were going to call her Stefani at a signing, but i don't know if they went through with it, i wonder how she would react?

9. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Sorry, my post was a little vague. I was referring to an advert I saw on television.

In The Sunday Telegraph someone is doing a big write up on the real Lady Gaga and her life before fame as Stefani, in light of that all the recent stories of claiming that Gaga stole looks and inspiration from this person and that person ect..

It's probably nothing that hasn't been said before, I just find it interesting that The Telegraph have picked up on it.

10. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

It's strange alright, the amount of effort they seem to be putting into pushing it suggests it's not just a copy and paste of all the other articles, and that they've put some spade work into it. If nothing else, it could be interesting as a comprehensive piece of these claims and their background.

11. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Exactly, that's why I'm really interested in hearing what they have to say about her.

12. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

They will no doubt call her a copy cat fraud.

13. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

in my opinion its hard to do anything nowadays that is 'Original', someone usually pops up that has done it before.

14. LJB

LJB

Calling her a 'fraud' is giving her too much credit. She's a pop star. All pop stars copy. A good amount of pop stars also talk up their 'work' with a bunch of nonsense analysation and pretension.

They'd have a more substantial article if they chose to cover, I don't know.. Beyonce. Now she's a reckless business woman more than she is a silly pop star who gives her team and fans a name and wears oversized things.

15. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

That annoys me too.....Lambs, monsters and whatever.

I think its an incite into the mentality of those that do it, they actually think that their fans are dumb sheep.

Actually ....its probably true.

16. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

It's the Sunday Times, isn't it? Camille Paglia - a social/cultural 'voice' from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, and who asserts that the notion someone can be 'born gay' is 'ridiculous' and believes that people can change their sexuality - has apparently written a deconstruction of Gaga saying that there is a 'monumental disconnect' between her image and the 'corporate machine' that helps 'manufacture her'.

She goes on to call her voice 'banal' and says:

"Gaga isn't sexy at all – she's like a gangly marionette or plasticised android. How could a figure so calculated and artificial, so clinical and strangely antiseptic, so stripped of genuine eroticism have become the icon of her generation?

Her videos repeatedly thrust that blank, lugubrious face at the camera and us; it's creepy and coercive. Marlene and Madonna gave the impression, true or false, of being pansexual. Gaga, for all her writhing and posturing, is asexual.

The grisly mix of sex and death is sick, symptomatic of Gaga's alienation from her own body ... the layer of plastered make-up without which she never leaves her room makes her resemble the waxy, mummified saints under glass in Italian churches."

17. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

"will a closer look at today's biggest music phenomenon reveal nothing more than a celebrity copcat?"

18. LJB

LJB

In trying to criticise Lady GaGa she's actually intellectualising her by using jargon and polysyllabic nonsense that actually translates to a YouTube comment like:

"GAGA IZ RLY UGLY SHE IS A BITCHH!!!!"

Quite the paradox of an article. Well done. What a loada shit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.