General Lady Gaga Discussion | Page 3451 | The Popjustice Forum

General Lady Gaga Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. I had no idea DJWS was her musical director for Monster Ball 1.0

heavymetalGAGA, R92, aux and 2 others like this.
  2. Yep, specifically for the interludes

Tracy Jacks, nikkysan, R92 and 2 others like this.
  3. As respected and legendary as Michael Bearden is, I’d really kill for somebody with some fresh ideas to work with her.

I know she prefers to keep songs as they are intended, but her back catalogue is crying out for a shot in the arm for her live shows. It doesn’t need to reinvent the wheel, but there’s so many ways she could revitalise the old songs that she is clearly bored of performing.

The best part of Madonna’s shows sometimes are the reinventions of the classics to fit into the new show. Sometimes they don’t work, but when they do, it’s transcendent.

4. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Facebook has reminded me that I first saw Gaga live 11 years ago tonight, supporting the Pussycats Dolls. What a journey it's been since then.

Conan, MmmDani, GimmeWork and 5 others like this.
  5. Good times, when she was active.

MmmDani and Tribal Spaceman like this.
  6. So, I don't know what the consensus is here, but I've been watching AHS: Hotel and she's kind of amazing in it? Like, she's perfect for the character, and I kinda love her, even if she's extremely evil.

sugarcoma and GimmeWork like this.
  7. You’re right, but the character is basically her dark-era Gaga persona anyway. I found her a little stiff at times, but decent enough. The improvement for A Star Is Born is tangible, I’d like to see her play even more different characters in the future.

Music Is Life likes this.
  8. There’s some really amazing scenes in Hotel. You can definitely tell which parts of the show were filmed early on vs later when she was clearly more comfortable on camera doing something very new to her. But, yeah, there were a few scenes that genuinely surprised me with how convincing she was and the amount of emotion put into it all.

9. that_was_a_classic.gif

10. The way she ate this scene up without uttering a word until the very end

11. There are definitely some wooden moments in Hotel but I think the nature of the role protected her and she got away with it. She really came into her own by the second half of the season.

sesita and Andy French like this.
  12. Hotel was okay but damn the fashion was on point! She served many gorgeous looks. This being my favorite from her character.

[​IMG]

Dijah., heavymetalGAGA, Sam and 2 others like this.
  13. I was looking back at my photos of my holiday to New York last summer and came across the photos I took when my boyfriend and I went to her parent's restaurant. The food was insanely tasty. The menu has gentle nods to Gaga's songs, I had the Little Monster Mocktail. In the bathroom they had a funny caricature of Lady Gaga framed on the wall and on the way out we saw her parents and told them the food was great.

Mikal, Music Is Life and Maki like this.
  14. TripAdvisor <3

Mikal, An Insider, Vasilios and 4 others like this.
  15. Looking back, it does read like that!

16. [​IMG]

This was my favorite look of hers in Hotel. I wish she'd wear big blonde hair like this more often.

17. I still scream at her going from the high glam vampiress of Hotel to that forest goblin in Roanoke. The decay!

Mikal, elektroxx, Alenko and 5 others like this.
  18. Yeah, big 80s hair really suits her.

V3RYP05H, Lapras, Alenko and 5 others like this.
  19. pppffffttt.. seeing this thread on the main page, I assumed all the requests to lock the LG6 thread finally worked...*applys Clown Make-Up by Haus Labs*

Everyday that passes where the general thread and LG6 thread are simultaneously on the main page but we still don't have an officially released single... Haus Lab's power grows stronger!
    [​IMG]

20. Yes I love this look too! Too bad we only got like a few seconds of it.
    Haven't watched Roanoke yet, but I know she plays Scatach, so even if the looks decay, at least she played an important character as the first Supreme.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.