General Lady Gaga Discussion | Page 361 | The Popjustice Forum

General Lady Gaga Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Despite being almost a year old, I still have Bad Romance on repeat. Actually, I can still play the whole of The Fame Monster despite having overplayed it during the year.

But I still want more Gaga as soon as possible.

2. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Why do i feel like we're in for a disappointment with the new album?

3. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Because you're not adverse to forecasting the worst when it comes to Lady GaGa lately? You were hoping for a backlash to take her down a peg or two recently, I believe.

I don't know what to expect from this album but I'm very exicted, even though it feels miles away.

4. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I'm very excited, but I don't think she possibly could disappoint us. It's not like she's one of those singers who gets lucky by getting a few hits. The Fame is a great album and Monster is a fantastic album. And as she has such a huge input into the music she's got an advantage over those who have to rely on others.

If this album is anywhere near the standard of The Fame Monster, I'll be extremely happy.

5. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I don't know. Part of me thinks will it be one of the best records ever totally mind blowing and the other part of me thinks she'll go a bit rock on us like "You & I" or "Living On The Radio" and sound like Semi Precious Weapons.

6. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

No way is that going to happen. She may wish that she could go down that route, and she might as a side project, but she's not stupid- she knows that she's not going to get hits with songs like that, and it'll be a cold day in hell when Lady GaGa stops trying to make smash hits.

7. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I pray she doesn't go down that route however much she wants to, she is all about epic pop anthems!

8. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

i could easily see it happening further down the line but not yet. i doubt it will be all pokerface/eh eh but it's not going to be an album of balads either.

9. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I actually think it's going to be more rock 'n' roll. Judging by how much she promoted "Speechless" despite the fact that she wasn't indented to release it as a single and judging by the first bits we have heard so far like "You & I". John Lennon-ish,even though saying that sounds kinda as an insult, ..

10. LJB

LJB

Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

It does look like it could potentially be an album of Speechless'

I think it may be more filler less thriller this time round, just like Fame was. The only good songs on Fame I think were Poker, Love Game, Beautiful, Boys, Paparazzi and obviously Just Dance. Otherwise it was all Speechless' in different formats. Badly produced, noisy songs.

Monster's concision REALLY helped it. I bet if it were made into a bigger album it'd just have some piano thrashing songs added which would've downgraded it so much.

11. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I thought she already said 'You And I' will be the only rock ballad on the album?

12. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I think some of you assume the album will be full of rock ballads because of the new songs she's played, but keep in mind that the first time she played .Bad Romance' it was performed as a piano ballad with a completely different arrangement.

She's smart enough to not give too much away this early on. I expect another album full of monster hits.

13. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I´m sure it will be a new album full of monster hits - she´s not stupid.

14. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Think though that she seems eager to prove to the average listeners out there that she isn't just catchy tunes and crazy outfits but also a superbe vocalist. That's why she promote "Speechless" so much an that's why she sang this way at the "VMA"s. Btw "Born this way" sounds like a ballad too. I just think it's going to be more retro and rocky (Speechless) rather than soul Mariah-like ballads.

15. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I doubt very much Living on the Radio will be on Born This Way and even though I was initially skeptical about the idea, I do think that if it makes the album, it'll be re-jigged as an uptempo. I could see Born This Way, the song, being big power-anthem in the vein of Dance in the Dark and I imagine You and I will be the Speechless of this record.

It's easy to assume it'll be all rock balladry but, in fairness, we've only heard acappella/ piano versions so far. If we'd heard the Taratata version of Eh, Eh first, I doubt we would have concluded that it's actually a plinky-plonky, Ace of Base-style electro mid-tempo.

16. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Do you think we'll have a tour DVD + all her videos around Christmas before the new album?

17. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Who knows? Maybe we are going to have the 1st single on the Xms week as well. The promo has already started in a way...

18. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Yes, she did. She also said it likely won't be a single.

You don't just throw a full scale electronic song and dance number into live shows impromptu or with little planning but you can easily do it sat at the piano which is why she messes around with new stuff that way.

I'll eat my hat if there's more than 2 full tilt ballads on the album (by which i don't mean mid tempo like So Happy)

Brown eyes and Again, Again are the only other songs on The Fame that are anything like Speechless. Just because you don't like the rest of the songs doesn't make them all the same.

19. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I would not object to a Speechless-esque album. I still hoping in a few years she'll do a split album with her trademark Gaga tracks on one disc, and piano ballads on another, as Stefani.

20. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Digitalspy are quoting her saying that 'You And I' isn't a reflection of the rest of the album. Thank the lord.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.