General Madonna Discussion | Page 2407 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Apart from Britney. Anything is better than the real thing.

2. I can’t really knock fan art in general because a) freedom of expression and b) it’s literally how I figured out I wanted to be a designer but yes a lot of it is...a choice.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  3. RJF

RJF

I will honestly decapitate anyone who uses Kylie's recent success against Madonna. Like... you're out your depth. Stay celebrating "our girl" getting a No.1 album and leave the girl out of it.

4. And I will help you dispose of the body. The little shady sniping at Madonna from some of the overzealous Kylie fans is annoying. Good thing on PJ it's limited to a few people.

5. I just don’t understand why anyone would want to try to stack their fave up against Madonna. Yes, every artist has their own particular strengths but she’s literally the ultimate Popstar. The woman is living history, her career is basically modern mythology at this point. There are countless artists I adore, Kylie most definitely included, but everyone can’t help but pale in comparison to Ms. Ciccone.

6. I wish I could like this post a thousand times and sticky (& sweet) it on every page on Popjustice

nikkysan and Ferk like this.
  7. [​IMG]

Future Lover and Ferk like this.
  8. What in Brooke Hogan hell

9. Anna Kendrick needs to chill

10. Sorry but even that is better than a screen grab!

11. @playboy69

12. Cheryl Cole looks snatched!

matthew. and Lapras like this.
  13. At the end of the day, Madonna is the highest selling female artist of all time, has several critically celebrated albums, and multiple $100+ million grossing tours. The Kylie fans can have their moment in the sun with Golden, but what has she done that Madonna hasn't done already, and probably better? I really hate saying that because I adore Kylie, but her fans just don't know when to stop with the childish jabs.

14. Let's not pretend the cover to Hard Candy wasn't a piece of fan art that must have been accidentally swapped with the real thing at the last minute.

Raichu likes this.
  15. Christmas album.

16. Kylie will always be my #1, but Madonna is the most inspiring and looked up to female solo artist in history, no denying that.

17. I love and adore Kylie and have for 30 years. She does what she does wonderfully and her body of work is really, really good.Golden is a terrific album and it's success just confirms once again that Kylie is truly the ultimate princess of pop.

Madonna will always be in her own league that nobody else can touch though, for many many reasons.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  18. This isn’t totally untrue since the album was originally going to be called Give It To Me, but the title was changed last minute so they swapped all the boxing gym surroundings out with the candy backdrops.

matthew. and Tchelitchew like this.
  19. Did a version of the cover with the boxing environment ever leak? I like the concept, especially given how heavy-hitting the beats are on the album.

20. The unretouched images leaked, but we never saw any final cover or anything like that.

[​IMG]

matthew. and Tchelitchew like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.