General Madonna Discussion | Page 2706 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Drowned World Tour too please.

JAMIOUSE and aux like this.
  2. The thing is, Confessions was shot and broadcast in HD yet, bizarrely, only released in standard definition. No idea what they were thinking.

Drowned World was only filmed on video as far as I know. But if we're requesting things, how about a double pack of remastered Blond Ambition and Girlie Show? The new generation needs to see where it all started.

Andy French, djmakemewet and JAMIOUSE like this.
  3. Best single from each decade is really hard to do. 80s would almost certainly be Angel or Open Your Heart, 90s Secret, and in the 00s it's a toss-up between Hollywood and Give It 2 Me. 10s is a bit of a struggle for different reasons, but I'd probably go for Ghosttown, although unlike most I'd say Give Me All Your Luvin' runs it a close second.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2019
    WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  4. 80’s Like A Blue Madonna
    90’s Light Erotic Stories
    00’ American Music On A Dancefloor
    10’ Madame Heart

acl, nikkysan, Leis and 4 others like this.
  5. This is art.

push the button likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

Same energy.

acl, Womanizer, Leis and 3 others like this.
  7. RJF

RJF

Her last two albums comfortably sit in, or at least around, some of her best ever work.

I said it a while ago but I truly believe this era will be one of Madonna’s most influential - if only in retrospect. An entire generation of female popstars should be citing what she’s doing now in a few decades when they come across widespread resistance for daring to exist and create past a certain age. I honestly feel like her creative longevity is the legacy she’ll leave eventually. Not just the commercial one.

LTG, acl, muddleddreams and 13 others like this.
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Difficult but (late I know kii)

Albums
    80s - Madonna
    90s - Ray Of Light
    00s - Confessions
    10s - Rebel Heart

Singles
    80s - Papa Don't Preach
    90s - Frozen
    00s - Don't Tell Me
    10s - Devil Pray

Drew likes this.
  9. I want too!
    80s Like A Prayer
    90s Erotica
    00s Music
    10s Rebel Heart

80s Like A Prayer
    90s Secret
    00s Don’t Tell Me
    10s Living For Love

10. Even though I like it too, I still don’t see a point of including Confessions and Sorry Remix on live CD. Same goes for The Beast Within & Hollywood Remix. I guess that’s why S&S is my favourite live cd of hers.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  11. Does anyone here own the “Bedtime Story” double CD single/book? Is the text on the cover foil? There are some photos where it looks like it might be, but there aren’t any details on it that I can find.

12. LMX

LMX

Madonna + Massive Attack is heaven!

LTG, Jwentz, acl and 8 others like this.

13. Probably my favorite b-side by her... so haunting

Chris_P, Mr.Arroz and electrosamurai like this.
  14. E68429C7-D6D3-4504-B404-8C67846068AD.jpeg
    No, it’s not

mindtrappa likes this.
  15. Nah it's just standard text.

mindtrappa likes this.
  16. Picking True Blue over Like a Prayer in the 80s is... A choice.

80s : Like a Prayer
    90s: mind says Ray of Light, heart says Bedtime Stories, cock says Erotica. I'll go with mind today.
    00s: American Life
    10s: Madame X

Songs:
    80s: Oh Father
    90s: Drowned World
    00s: Don't Tell Me
    10s: God Control

Guess my favorite decade.

Raichu, acl, Music Is Life and 3 others like this.
  17. The right choice.

18. This would be exactly my list if I made one. What is this sorcery and taste?!

cabirian likes this.
  19. True Blue represents 80s Madonna more than any other option, in my opinion. I think it also marks an important moment by being the first real concept record of hers, yet it still has that bulletproof pop quality that those earlier albums had before her work took on a more serious tone. Unfortunately because of when Like a Prayer came out, it got swallowed up by everything else she was doing and it didn’t live up to its full potential as an album. For the most part, I just consider it a branch of what I call the Blond Ambition era, which falls into the 90s.

An Insider, acl, Vasilios and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.