General Madonna Discussion | Page 2709 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. "ooh la la
    [​IMG]

to me baaayby"

2. I'm still amazed at how the entire stage transformed with every different act. It's impressive when it happens now in a concert, in 1990 it must have been nothing short of revolutionary.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I love Shoo-Bee-Doo ha!

laterdanish, madgemad and moorje like this.
  4. Ain't No Big Deal, really is quite weak I agree.

moorje likes this.
  5. Nobody should ever mention the wonderful Shoo-Bee-Doo is the same sentence as the horrifying Ain't No Big Deal.

moorje likes this.
  6. I really like Love Song.

DJBenW, Rooneyboy and Firewalker like this.
  7. Ain’t No Big Deal is fine? I wasn’t aware it was so loathed and it’s absolutely better than Shoo Bee Doo

BreatheBox likes this.
  8. "Ain't No Big Deal" is fabulous! It's simple, but so crisp and catchy.

Andy French likes this.
  9. 3:40am here in Norway and I'm feeling kind of emotional, whacked an assortment of downtempo M album tracks on shuffle... fuck - these songs, this voice, this woman.

10. Ain't no big deal's best version remains that Stephen Bray revamped demo

11. Ain't No Big Deal is harmless enough, but it's mind-boggling it was initially planned to be her first single. How could it be anything but Everybody? "Everybody, come on. Dance and sing!" What a manifesto!

johnoclock likes this.
  12. Everybody is shit as well.

13. Everybody remains a perfect, effervescent post-disco masterpiece

14. Everybody is a cute girl standing next to the rest of her monumental 80s singles discography. There's a reason why it wasn't included on the Immaculate Collection.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  15. She might as well have chucked I Know It on Celebration seeing as practically rest of that album is on it.

16. It is her most overused iconic B-side so its place wouldn't necessarily be unwarranted.

17. I'm going through a 1982-1987 Madonna phase right now. Watched Who's That Girl? again and I don't care what anyone says, I love that film.

The songs bop; the film bops.

I think Madonna's first album just gets better and better with time. I remember back in '84/'85, I thought her first album got overshadowed by Like a Virgin and the one-two-three punch of Into the Groove-Crazy for You-Gambler. And then True Blue.

I'm glad Madonna/The First Album is being recognized for the masterpiece it is.

18. Fuck ya'll with this basic ass Everybody slander.
    Damn wall flowers up in this bitch drinking club soda and shit.
    da fuck outta here.

LTG, dodoriazarbon, achilles and 2 others like this.
  19. Watching the new Tales of the City on Netflix and this amazing cover was featured in the first episode! What an underrated bop.

Ralf Rotterdam and bazayer like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.