General Madonna Discussion | Page 2710 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Oh I so agree, it's the one I play most from the 80s, it's timeless really. I love that album so much.

laterdanish and torontodj like this.
  2. God, I love I Know It so much, such a gorgeous album track.

3. I love the film and whole era too. I am tempted to buy this:

[​IMG]

Maybe I could attract my soul mate?

4. Is this irony? I assume so, since Everybody is the definition of basic.

5. Suddenly the Alanis Morissette is me

6. Such perfect Madonna taste you have there.

torontodj and phoenix123 like this.
  7. The Orbit heartbreak quadrilogy of Frozen / Power of Goodbye / Be Careful / Time Stood Still still awes me, like what a particular mood.

Mature, thoughtful but still devastating. All with stunning, sumptuous production.

8. I understand not using him as a producer, but was there a particular reason she didn't write with Patrick Leonard again after Ray of Light?

9. She worked with him for the musical she was writing in 2004.

10. Ah yes I forgot about that. Bringing back Mirwais after a long absence is proof anything is possible!

11. Patrick said that they’re in different places in terms of how they approach working now (very similar to William Orbit’s “issue” with her), and it doesn’t seem like they are in contact at all these days based on his recent comments. I think it’s just another case of a chapter naturally closing.

12. That's true but I think he was probably referring to the new style of songwriting camps and back and forth demo production styles Madonna has employed over her three albums prior to Madame X which even she has stated she loathes. Maybe her return to a more old fashioned way of composing could change the temperature. I imagine he would be much more excited to work on something as creative as Madame X. The results of going back have worked wonders for this record and her head space it would seem. I don't crave it per se but the landscape has changed again.

madgemad and Sunny B like this.
  13. He went into detail in an Instagram comment, and it just sounded like they don’t have any connection like they used to:

I’ve said before I think the main reason Madonna and Mirwais worked so well this time around is because they never really reached any sort of peak when working together last time. It was an unfulfilled collaboration because M brought it to a halt following American Life to work with Stuart while Mirwais was almost pushed to the side because she couldn’t handle how challenging he was with her and that he pushed her into a specific space mentally and creatively, which she’s noted then and now. She went back to him because she knew he brought something out that nobody else could as it was necessary for this record, but she said she had to test the waters to see if they would work now because it had been so long, and thankfully it did and they started right where they left off. Sounds like she already went through that with Patrick a while back, and unfortunately it didn’t work out.

Dreampopboy and Andy French like this.
  14. So...Pat Leonard just leaked Angels with Dirty Faces.

It’s lovely!

LTG, MrBartolozzi, manloveuk and 17 others like this.
  15. The GAG. I wonder if the other demos he speaks of will leak.

Womanizer and Andy French like this.
  16. What?!?! That can’t be his official channel. I mean, has he lost his mind?

17. I imagine he’s doing it to try and make the tapes that are being auctioned off worthless, since they were basically stolen

18. They were?! I imagined he had the masters. Or is it more complex than that?

19. They were Madonna’s personal copies for reviewing, etc. She took the woman who sold them to the auction house to court over them (and the now infamous letter from Tupac), but she lost. So this is, I assume, Patrick’s way of having M’s back.

LTG, Womanizer, Music Is Life and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.