General Madonna Discussion | Page 2742 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. I've always thought it is one of Madonna's most basic songs...

Verandi likes this.
  2. I stopped following her reactions after she thought that Stevie Nicks [on LDR's Beautiful People] is a man.

3. Andy French likes this.
  4. No

5. It’s basic in structure for sure. The three note verse melody and the chorus is very simple one line repeat but as always I assumed it was a comment piece on the common perception of what it is to be a girl.
    Simple and pretty...but when you look closer and read the lyrics there’s so much depth, intelligence and commentary.
    It plays to the songs advantage.
    What It Feels Like is one of her very very best songs and yet it seems to have been abandoned.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  6. See also: This Used to be my Playground, I'll Remember, You'll See, The Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger, Hollywood, Love Profusion, Ghosttown.

Womanizer, Mvnl, Gabeee9292 and 2 others like this.
  7. What It Feels Like For A Girl would have been the perfect fit for this tour.

8. This song is just truly wonderful.

Gabeee9292 likes this.
  9. ooh she nailed this. Nikki Harris feels

10. Actually, 2 weeks...
    1-77-out

11. Speaking of not knowing her songs, before I actually started listening to full albums I only knew LAP from LAP or only Bonita from True Blue... I only knew Lucky Star and Borderline from debut...

It always depends where you live and how you got exposed to her music. For me, I was one of those lucky ones growing up during MTV era in early 00s, and MTV used to have Madonna weekends every few weeks where they would only play her videos and interviews.

Madonna is probably the most played recurrent artist on radios here, even less known songs from 90s are actually played a lot, but people these days can't really name those songs as Madonna songs.

Having said that, few days ago couple of teenage girls were walking next to me and sang Material Girl. It took me by surprise, but I guess it was Stranger Things impact.

Her profile really decreased over the years, and her respect has, let's be real, she is seen as a joke now to the point of her not being able to fix her image among GP...

To think that only a decade ago she was able to get quick little smash without moving her finger...

Wired Life and Mvnl like this.

12. I’ve just discovered this, and as much as I love Donna De Lory, knowing Madonna wrote this and hearing her backing vocals at 2:22 really makes my heart ache, because it’s obviously about Sean and her voice just sounds so “Like a Prayer”-esq and melancholic. I want to hear Madonna’s version!
    Thoughts???

Fighting Irish likes this.
  13. "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" came on shuffle today while I was washing my car. I had a moment. Got all wet.

14. Time will fix this. Also, there's still a lot of people out there who fully respect Madonna herself and her catalogue, and there's a lot of younger people intrigued to discover her back catalogue.

achilles likes this.
  15. That was a classic that was a classic

16. Justice for This used to be my Playground.

I know Madonna reportedly hates the production of the song.

17. While I agree with you in some respects - foolish be the people or millenials who think Madonna is a joke because without Madonna, all your faves like Taylor, Katy, Ariana, Miley etc. probably would not exist.
    *shrugs*

18. The Tracy Young remix of Crave is out now.

Andy French likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.