General Madonna Discussion | Page 2759 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. aux

aux

Robyn.

1. Robyn Is Here Show Me Love - Single
    2. My Truth
    3. Don't Stop The Music
    4. Robyn
    5. Body Talk Pt. 1
    6. Body Talk Pt. 2
    7. Body Talk Pt. 3 / Body Talk
    8. Do It Again
    9. Love Is Free
    10. Honey

And yes, this is promo for the Robyn rate. Thank you. [​IMG]

2. Also if you play this video at 1.5 times it's normal speed you'll discover that Madonna is in fact a total cyborg and all her songs are actually sped up versions of George Michael.

Wigworld likes this.
  3. I only like the singles from the debut, and of the big three only Lucky Star doesn't seem tired. The rest of the debut is practically unlistenable to me, and very samey and overlong in general.

Meanwhile, the only song on Like A Virgin I don't like is Love Don't Live Here Anymore. Plus it contains my joint-favourite 80s Madonna single in Angel.

True Blue is, of course, flawless. My favourite Madonna album.

HEARTCORE likes this.
  4. She started listening albums without knowing anything about Madonna. Can we appreciate the fact that she's giving her music a chance and great promo to her catalog (better than Madonna herself) other than attacking her for not being full blown stan 24/7 already!!!!

TomC likes this.
  5. Current album ranking

1. Ray of Light
    2. Confessions on a dance floor
    3. Erotica
    4. Music
    5. Bedtime Stories
    6. American Life
    7. Madonna
    8. Hard Candy
    9. Rebel Heart
    10. Like a Virgin
    11. True Blue (Jimmy Jimmy alone drags the album below LAV)
    12. Like a Prayer
    13. Madame X
    14. MDNA

Madame X likes this.
  6. I-

Seek help and repent.

7. Bless yourself and genuflect.

8. I always thought LAV and TB were not properly mastered like debut. They sound like their volume was up and that was it. Very 'plastic' or 2D, however you wanna put it. While Madonna was properly mastered and sounds great on headphones and that's why it still sounds fresh.

push the button likes this.
  9. "Like a Prayer" is undoubtedly the album most in need of a remaster. It's just so... muddled.

10. Yeah even if you listen to the special edition remaster on Spotify. Play the bonus extended dance remix of the song Like A Virgin next to the album version and you'll see what it should sound like. The Dance Remixes of both it and Material Girl are of far superior sound quality. Way less tinny with more low end and clarity. Much closer to the sound of the debut stuff. The bass is warm and the kick knocks. Probably something to do with the fact that Jellybean remixed them and he'd worked on the debut. Produced holiday but also took over the reigns and re-mixed Lucky Star, Burning Up, Physical Attraction, all of which have that super syrupy warm sound.

11. I agree but I don't think it impairs the listen as much as Like A Virgin because it's still richer, has more dynamics and the mood of the record is different. Virgin is meant to slap and doesn't hold up as well sonically. But yes both need some love. The debut and True Blue are perfect though.

12. Coming from the person who has previously said Madonna hasn’t been active this decade. I’m not attacking her.

Andrew.L, JMRGBY and Vasilios like this.
  13. I’m still struggling with where I’d personally place Madame X in my overall Madonna album ranking. I’d definitely put it high, but it still feels so new (and to be fair it’s only been four months since it was released). My ranking of her whole catalog outside of four or so albums changes constantly anyway.

14. Saying in 2018 that Madonna hasn't been THAT active this decade was hardly not true. Reading is essential.

But after hearing MX I do wish she was inactive.

15. Someones lost mouse control girls

Raichu likes this.
  16. You could've also quoted this if you weren't biased

And of course personal attacks and insults because of this opinion.

Unfortunately no, I didn't enjoy anything this era. And I staned for everything during RH era.

There is something so off putting this era, starting with music. To her attitude and how was everything handled to the point where she is currently at her lowest low in every possible way.

I disagree about her being active and involved. Unless you mean time spent in the studio which obviously worked against it since she overcooked album and her best albums were done in short period of time.

Nothing felt organic, everything is forced and done only for narrative of the era (Madame X nickname, being 'influenced' by Portugal and Fado music etc.). Everything was so off putting this era for me. My English is not very good to describe how I feel about it. And this is coming from someone who was on this forum called 'blind stan' during RH era.

Crave is the only decent thing that came out of it, and I still wouldn't put it in her top 60 or something...

On first listen I was surprised by Mirwais tracks and liked them, but after listening album few more times I didn't feel connection to anything, music, lyrics, her voice... I don't feel any need to listen to them outside of the album, and I am still forcing myself to listen to the album at least once a week. Even MDNA felt more like a Madonna album when it was released than this.

Crazy-Come Alive-EO has to be the most exhausting 1-2-3 punch to listen to, like ever. My English is not god enough to describe how I feel about the album or era overall, but I don't even hate it like I hate MDNA, this is actually worse because I can't describe feeling.

P.S. Mastering is terrible. Half of the album is unlistenable on headphones (Medellin, Crazy, Mercy, Back that up to the beat, Future, Batuka, Extreme Occident, I Don't Search).

Well, I wasn't planing to write a rant about the album, especially knowing that most people here can't handle reading negative opinion and respect it unless they know you, and will once again insult me, but you asked...

Madame X likes this.
  17. Funny how I disliked Crave when it was released. Now it is one of my favorite songs on the album. I wished there were more songs like it.

Mvnl likes this.
  18. Why are you doing this? Just... move on with your life.

19. Who mastered Madame X, apparently it's not the same as her last few albums?

20. [​IMG]

acl and Floppie like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.