General Madonna Discussion | Page 2781 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. 'Jump' sounds better in the context of the album, than as a stand alone single. But it was the only viable final single release.

machine80 and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  2. Yes, it just made sense somehow.

3. I've said it before but Jump has the same vibration throughout that Into The Groove and Deeper & Deeper have. A warmth, a familiar feeling and good pure energy. The kind where you lose yourself but it's safe and all encompassing. You're in it.

4. The extended version of Jump is the way to go.

5. I listened to Impressive Instant on the bus to work this morning and ascended.

6. Totally. I've always thought that if Madonna's message was distilled into one defining (defiant) lyric "I can make it alone" would be it. Jump is the most MADONNA song ever for me. I mean:

There's only so much you can learn in one place
    The more that I wait, the more time that I waste

acl, cheida, Music Is Life and 9 others like this.
  7. The liberal borrowing of West End Girls in Jump also elevates it.

8. Just having a bit of old school appreciation of Madonna and seeing a. how smart she was in adapting underground culture to mainstream success and b. how this song in particular is enjoying a renaissance within our current times

I do hope she does something to mark 30 years of Vogue. I for one still love the song (especially the single version).

achilles and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  9. Vogue, just has to be celebrated by her next year for its Pearl anniversary.

10. No hyperbole, Vogue is one of the greatest songs of all time. An instant mood lifter, banger of the highest order, and passionate love letter to the LGBTQ+ community all at once.

11. It is insane that 'Vogue' was originally considered to be a B-Side. In an alternate universe 'Keep It Together' was the A-Side!

12. Good it was not.

13. Yeah... but I do love 'Keep It Together' especially the single mix.

jakeyfw and MrWonderfulPop like this.
  14. Vogue is so good and so ingrained into our culture that I never need to listen to it again.

Raichu and SlowBurn like this.
  15. This gets me every time

16. I find the Bedtime Stories version to be a good but kinda faceless sounding song.

17. I love this Dad. The first 1 1/2 minutes are priceless. Especially after the 1 minute mark...

electrosamurai and madgemad like this.
  18. I'm still annoyed a lot of her remixes aren't available to stream in the US.
    Especially the "What It Feels Like for a Girl" remixes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.