General Madonna Discussion | Page 2782 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Where can I buy Confessions unmixed version WAVs/hq MP3s?

SupersonicBionic likes this.
  2. Qobuz or Tidal? Maybe even 7Digital?

P'NutButter likes this.
  3. I'd need the 'Dislike' buttom for this. Get Together might be my fav Madge song ever, its THAT good. Totally underapreciatted. The confessions singles run was flawless and all the songs are are amazing but Get Together is just perfect to me. It paints a beautiful soundscape that I never want to get out.

4. "...don't try to run
    I can keep up with you
    nothing can stop me from trying
    you've got to..."

- if that is not one of (if not the) best pre-chorus of any song, then I'll be damned.

5. Soz. I find it really monotonous and boring.

blod likes this.
  6. Hung Up is actually my least favourite of the those 4 fantastic Confessions singles....

7. I remember the Friday night the Hung Up video premiered. It had leaked online that day but I held off watching, and VH1 in the UK played it on loop for a whole hour. Iconic times, a MOMENT.

8. My god I remember this so clearly!

achilles and madgemad like this.
  9. I remember seeing the Motorola commercials. This was everything:

I really can't think of a lead pop single that had the immediacy of Hung Up (for me). You can anticipate a song and hype it to death and often end up feeling a teeny bit deflated when it doesn't hit the standard you've already set in your head. But Hung Up just shot into the stratosphere from the moment it appeared.

LTG, youthless, madgemad and 13 others like this.
  10. When I think that next year is 15 years since the Confessions era, I have to double check myself. Time flies.

Womanizer and HorseTears like this.
  11. Thank you!

12. (MDNA-)Madonna will return to the James Bond franchise! She appears in the short teaser trailer for 'No Time To Die'.

upload_2019-12-3_18-37-2.png

13. Not sure if you're trolling because of the shot's similarity to the album cover, but that's not her

Andy French likes this.
  14. Obviously, it's a flopjoke.

[​IMG]

15. I’m getting “12 deadly Cyns” era Cyndi

New Flame and Vasilios like this.
  16. Confessions is the best era of pop music I've ever experienced in my 32 years, flawless from start to finish.

17. Dare I say it, her last real big iconic era too.

NobodyKnowsMe and chrisconfessed like this.
  18. I agree, it's the last time she managed to satisfy the majority of her core fan base and the general public at the same time. Rebel Heart and Madame X hit the right spots for many fans, but the general public have all taken a pretty big pass, which is shame seeing as Madame X is a great body of work.

I'm okay with Confessions being her last iconic era, the woman has had so many iconic eras when most artists (especially the current crop of 'in' artists) struggle to have even one.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  19. Exactly, when one has so many huge iconic eras like Madonna does, it's easy to look at it like that in that respect.

chrisconfessed likes this.
  20. The radio shun effect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.