General Madonna Discussion | Page 2799 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Exactly. It just never gets old. I live for this side-by-side.

[​IMG]

Sunny B, acl, etienne and 12 others like this.
  2. There is one, isn’t there?

3. My bad, I meant an official one on streaming. It’s so good!

4. Oh god, his face is just so funny there. Annoyed much.

torontodj and ConfideInDita like this.
  5. Some Oz chart stats - only covering the ARIA era (June 1988-present), though.

NAT = national chart
    High Point = peak
    Times In = weeks on chart

State charts:
    NSW/ACT = New South Wales/Australian Capital Territory
    VIC/TAS = Victoria/Tasmania
    QLD = Queensland
    SA/NT = South Australia/Northern Territory
    WA = Western Australia

Note:
    - State chart peaks may be notably higher or lower than the national chart peaks from the late 2000s onwards, due to state charts being based on physical sales data only in the late 2000s, and on digital sales data only currently.
    - For reasons unknown, 'You Can Dance' is treated as though it has no prior chart history when re-entering in 1993.
    - 'First Album/Like a Virgin' is a 2-CD set. Such double-album releases were a mini-trend in Oz in the mid-late 90s.
    - I assume that 'Crazy For You', 'Into the Groove', 'True Blue' and 'La Isla Bonita' re-charting in 1993 was due to the European imported CD singles.
    - 'Keep It Together' wasn't promoted as a standalone single in Oz, but there was a CD single released locally in July 1991, along with several other back-catalogue singles of hers.
    - 'Dance Into the Beat' is not a Madonna release, obviously, but is a cheap Italian dance medley of several of her songs, released under the name of Madonna Collection. Obviously it has been entered incorrectly here.
    - The chart is now calculated to at least 2000, so some things with low peaks can stick around for ages, but still never reach gold certification.
    - 'Ghostown' didn't chart. At all.
    - Data is current to today, 24 January 2020.

Singles:

[​IMG]

Albums:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  6. For anyone interested, the Express Yourself stems finally leaked.

7. They have? Long time coming too.

8. [​IMG]

KYLE likes this.
  9. Brilliant.

10. I was just reading reviews of Truth or Dare cuz I was curious how it was received critically at the time since its now pretty widely praised and I screamed at this: "the most baldly manipulative and scarily dishonest piece of propaganda to be recorded on celluloid since at least the Reagan campaign's 'Morning in America' commercials and possibly since Triumph of the Will". Only Madonna could get someone so in their feelings that they would compare her concert documentary to Nazi propaganda.

relby, cheida, Dreampopboy and 18 others like this.
  11. I can't believe Truth or Dare will be 30 years old next year. What a time to have been alive.

It would be amazing if we got a special deluxe edition Blu-ray with unseen footage, the entire concert filmed.

I know it will never happen.

12. A Blu-Ray of the Paris concert is possibly my number one dream.

torontodj and Leo1977 like this.
  13. Scream. Link please?

14. [​IMG]

15. Looks like the UK bluray cancelled last year is coming out next month (the artowrk is the same as last year, a real choice..)

P'NutButter and djessie like this.
  16. I remember one of my favourite reviews of Truth or Dare - I think it was from Us Magazine or People magazine - was where they ended with a quote (paraphrasing here) "Madonna doesn't care what you think about her, just as long as you are thinking about her."

I still remember seeing it in a packed cinema on a Saturday night in Burlington, Ontario, a city outside of Toronto in 1991. When the Gabriel/Slam kiss was shown, the ENTIRE cinema recoiled in horror, shouts of disgust ensued, and I just sunk in my seat.

It still didn't stop me from loving the entire film. Seeing those concert sequences on the big screen and in stereo surround sound was momentous for this (at the time) 15-year-old gay.

The Blond Ambition and Truth or Dare laserdiscs were in constant rotation on my player during 1991. I never got tired of watching them. They're still very special to me. I miss those days. I asked Jose Gutierez Xtravaganza to sign my Laserdisc of Truth or Dare after the screening of Strike a Pose here in Toronto. He was so nice and said of course. He wasn't sure where to sign on the cover since Madonna was on the cover and he didn't want to write on her.

I really hope there is something planned for Truth or Dare's 30th anniversary.

relby, phoenix123, acl and 12 others like this.
  17. I haven't done a remix in so long but I spent a couple of hours with those Express Yourself stems and wanted to make an instrumental remix to bring out all those funk elements.
    Honestly the rhythm guitar, brass, cowbell and horns make me want to take my clothes off and strut down the high street. I would kill for a live version.

18. Amazing

19. Ta x
    Got a vocal mix if anyone wants it.
    Can't soundcloud vocals.

20. Yes please <3

push the button likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.