General Madonna Discussion | Page 2915 | The Popjustice Forum

General Madonna Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by debord, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Go stream Veni Vidi Vici ft. Nas instead of moaning about it then.

cheida, LTG, achilles and 3 others like this.
  2. I meant more about celebrating her back catalogue by remastering it and deluxe editions, etc

3. Absolutely dying at Madonna posting this test shot/outtake on her Instagram from the Blame it on Rio shoot.

NSFW

Edit: That caption

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Humanracin, andru, cheida and 11 others like this.

4. S C R E A M

Mom is on the sauce

5. I opened IG and this was the first picture that popped up. I SCREAMED.

I Stan for life.

Humanracin, HolyWater, andru and 4 others like this.
  6. RJF

RJF

Daniel_O likes this.
  7. Will never not be in awe of Like A Prayer the song and its video.

scottdisick94, Mvnl and joeee like this.
  8. Am I the only one who thinks “Like a Prayer” doesn’t really translate well live? Blond Ambition and Sticky & Sweet are the only performances of the song I frequently revisit.

SlowBurn likes this.
  9. The Blond Ambition performance gives me chills so it makes up for it! I think it's generally because it's a vocally challenging song?

johnoclock likes this.
  10. Amazing: Blond Ambition/Sticky & Sweet

Pleasant: MDNA/Rebel Heart

Passable/a bit dull: Reinvention

Abhorrent: Madame X

11. “Like a Prayer” is always incredible live.

12. Yeah I agree with this. It was a moment in the theatre with everyone standing up, but I will not be constantly rewatching or streaming that version whenever it’s released.

13. The Blond Ambition and Sticky and Sweet performances of Like A Prayer are amazing. I still watch and listen to them all the time.
    The MDNA tour had such potential to be terrific as well, but she totally ruined it by doing it a non stop sing along. I was at there at the opening night and she sang it pretty much by herself. It was such a CHILLS experience. It was really disappointing to find out she changed it later on.

joeee likes this.
  14. Like a Prayer being nominated for no Grammy Awards, that's ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. NOTHING is so impeachable to me like what the fuck were the Grammy committee smoking that year. Not even a video nomination. Not even in Pop Female category where Paula Abdul was nominated.

15. The only time Like a prayer hasn't been mesmerising live was the Sticky & sweet version which was dreadful. The Madame X version was beyond beautiful.

16. Literally just that solidifies the absolute truth that the Grammy’s mean fuck all.

17. Weren’t the Grammys at the time more focused on nominating “less mainstream” song choices? I can’t imagine them not nominating it if it were released now.

18. Not really. For Album of the Year they nominated instead Wilson Philips, Mariah Carey, Quincy Jones, Phil Collins and MC Hammer.

SlowBurn and moorje like this.
  19. Yes.

20. I never get tired of hearing Like A Prayer live. It moves me every time! But it’s probably because it’s the song that made me a huge fan. I do get bored with hearing Holiday and La Isla Bonita. Could do without ever hearing those again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.