General Michael Jackson Discussion. | The Popjustice Forum

General Michael Jackson Discussion.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 777jonny777, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Hi, Just thought... seeing as this is a pop discussion site, why not include the KING OF POP himself, Michael Jackson.

Well, IMO anyway.

What do you think his chances of a return are?

Would a re-release of `Scream` do both Michael and Janet a world of good?

Did the Michael Jackson week on X-Factor do any good?

Basically... lets discuss!

2. futurix

futurix Guest

Corrected for you.

3. As a representation of his career, it pretty much sucked. There's rather more to his back catalogue than endless ballads, but of course X Factor is run by people with the imagination of a dead sheep, so we shouldn't expect too much.

His back catalogue is pretty solid overall, but for me he hasn't done anything truly great since the Dangerous album, some 17 years ago.

4. Stranger in Moscow
    Blood on the dancefloor
    Break of Dawn
    Butterflies
    Whatever Happens
    We've had enough

Just a handful of amazing MJ tracks since Dangerous.
    I've no doubt that given a strong producer, he could make a brilliant record. Unfortunately he second guesses himself too much..that's why he ends up working with shite, re: R Kelly & Will.I.Am

...As for theXFactor...what a piss poor representation of Mike's career that was. It made his back catalogue sound as thrilling as Westlife's...ballad after fucking ballad :(

5. corrected for YOU.

6. debord

debord Guest

I was on the bus into central London last night and there was some lunatic Jacko nut who kept singing 'MICHAEL JACKSON, HEAL THE WORLD, EDUCATE THE CHILDREN!' and telling everyone who would listen how amazing Jacko was. He then started singing 'I HATE FAGGOTS' and some white middle class man at the back of the bus shouted 'I HATE FAGGOTS TOO!' and then they became firm friends and spoke about Jacko for the rest of the journey.

AWWWW.

7. How bizarre! Debord's bus story, I mean. Though of course I could've been referring to MJ as well.

Anyway I think his chances of a comeback are pretty non-existent. Maybe - and it's a BIG maybe - if he could pull off a proper live show, he could come back. But I really don't see it happening. He looks so frail and anorexic - plus if you believe the rumours his nose is some kind of clipped-on prosthesis which would presumably zoom off his face if he attempted any of his old dance moves.

He'd best stick to reissuing Thriller and his Greatest Hits for the rest of eternity.

8. debord

debord Guest

I was speaking to an American friend about this and he said that people living in the UK could never understand how dead Michael Jackson's chances of ever making a comeback in the U.S. were.

9. A MJ return would either be the best comeback in the HIStory of the world ever, or a complete disaster. There is no grey area.

I'm not sure how likely it is, he can not recover from the PR disaster the past several years have been.

10. i could never understand how fat some american people are.

11. youredumped

youredumped Guest

Gosh, what's next? The General Gary Glitter Thread?

12. youredumped

youredumped Guest

Was the man a black muslim? Cos he's always on the N29 talking about how gays are evil and how white people are holding his 'people' back... nobody actually listens to him he just talks to himself.

13. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Oh, that's totally true. Unless he discovers a way to time travel, Michael Jackson will never again be successful. It's tragic, yet true.

However, (this isn't directed at you debord I'm just making a general statement now) that does not take away from what he accomplished in the past, including creating perhaps the best pop album of all time. Also, one of pop's best singles/songs in the form of 'Billie Jean'. I still have to stop and think when I listen to parts of Thriller and just admire how amazingly creative Jackson was, and to appreciate his truly groundbreaking ideas.

But a comeback? No.

14. Ray

Ray

Actually I think it would exactly be the grey area you're talking about. 2 million sold, first single goes top 10 but not #1, the second gets pulled. Oh wait, that's Invincible...

15. Stop trying to make Michael Jackson happen.

16. I sincerely do hope he makes a comeback.. Maybe not a world tour or anyhing like that... Don't know if he can do that any longer but putting out albums is something that he can most certainly do. I want that new album!!

17. I hope it's true, but it's been hard to understand the process of this new album. I don't think the Akon song was that strong.

18. debord

debord Guest

There was a song on 'Invincible' called 'Don't Walk Away'. It was shit.

19. I reckon Michael should do a "Noncesters Of Rock" festival, with R. Kelly, Gary Glitter and Pete Townsend as support acts. Jonathan King could be the MC.

20. Yeah but this one seems different. I wonder what direction they are going in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.