General R&B Discussion | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

General R&B Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Crayons, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Can Kaytranada do anything wrong?

And I'm going to check out Teedra Moses later as I'm liking the snippets so far.

IAmRockstar and nooniebao like this.
  2. Well, have I got a remix for you!

Teedra’s original recording:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  3. Thank you so much for this post! I had bookmarked something about her a while ago but she slipped my mind. I listened to 'I Been Livin' and it's gorgeous, can't wait to dive into this.

ysev and nooniebao like this.
  4. Friends - we mustn't sleep on India Shawn. Here's here new single with Anderson .Paak:

She also released my other favorite song of 2020, Cali Love:

IAmRockstar, Crisp X and nooniebao like this.
  5. You definitely should! I'd say that her album is in my top 30 R&B albums of the 00s and certainly one of the most underrated. Saying that I do think Teedra has influenced some of the newer R&B artists out at the moment. I know that Ari Lennox stans her (and Amerie too - the taste!!)

Crisp X, nooniebao and TRAVVV like this.
  6. Just my opinion but i think Ctrl by SZA is the best r&b album ever made?

7. Love Rileyy Lanez' voice!

In my apparent series of going back and re-listening to underrated R&B artists of the 00s, today has been all about Amerie. Seriously, I'd say All I Have, Because I Love It and In Love & War are all at least 9/10 albums. Even Touch is a good album. Her consistency is unreal and it's a shame that she never became the huge star she deserves to be.

londonrain, Island, sesita and 3 others like this.
  8. I think this was asked already, before in this thread but what's everyone's favourite R&B album so far this year?

I'm very, very, into 'Sorry for the Wait' by Trei Stella. All killer/no filler on that one.

londonrain likes this.
  9. New single from (Amber) Riley! It's a vibey bop, I'm surprised by the sound she's gone for but I love it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.