General Radio 1 Topic | The Popjustice Forum

General Radio 1 Topic

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by inanotherlife, Mar 27, 2009.

1. I love Radio 1!
    Scott Mills is the true saviour of Radio 1 not Chris Moyles.
    Give Sara Cox a proper show!

2. Scott Mills - yes.

Every other prime time Radio 1 DJ? No.

3. Especially Edith Bowman and Jo Wiley.
    How boring are they?!

4. I like Sara Cox, but the rest can just go away forever.

5. I used to listen to Chris and Scott religiously every day. Haven't listened to Scott as much recently but i agree, he's absolutely fantastic.

Still listen to Chris every morning, he's great too and i really don't know why so many people get their knickers in a twist about him. The only time he's pissed me off was the Nicola comments.

Whiley - Awful
    Fearne - Awful
    Edith - haven't listened to her in ages, i'd describe her as 'functional'

All in all, i think Radio 1 is great and i enjoy most of what they playlist. Just wish they'd have Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode and the like on there too. They're still relevant.

6. I like Scott Mills and Sara Cox but could do without the rest of them.

7. Chris Moyles bores me to tears - he is a classic example of a man who believes his own hype. Plus, I do think they need a new breakfast team, to be honest - it's very stale.

Scott and Chappers do genuinely make me laugh. I only need to think of Laura's Diary and Laura farting into a mic to be cheered up.

8. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

I like Scott Mills... but he's so straight and he don't even like girls.

Sara Cox is great too, met her once a Koko. She was lovely!

9. I used to listen to Chris Moyles and Sara Cox daily, but I can't remember the last time I listened to Radio 1 at all.

Not to a Radio 1 crowd, though.

10. Only because Radio 1 say so though. My point is kinda that radio 1 has a lot of control over what charts in the UK/becomes a success. If they started playing PSB people would accept them

11. I love Beccy off of Scott Mills!
    The funniest thing was when Scott made the song off all the food words Sara Cox had used in one week. I have it on my computer somewhere.
    Sara Cox is genuinely hilarious.

12. It's a bit shit. I could close the topic here because that's all there really is to say.

(Joking. But not really.)

13. I think you have ended the convo.
    I think Radio 1 is brilliant with some great presenters. Get rid of Zane Lowe and Jo Whiley and I would be H-A-P-P-Y.

14. Zane Lowe is quite good, if you ignore THE SHOUTING!

I'm totally gutted that Colin Murray is leaving, his show is brilliant.

15. I've just suddenly remembered 'Colin and Edith'. I've managed to block that out of my head for the past few years, i feel a bit jarred remembering that all of a sudden.

16. I love Edith, she lives up the road from me. I once spent a night in the pub with her and Snow Patrol (I know, some of you will probably fall asleep just thinking about it), but shes lovely, as are the band. She likes a good Guinness!

She also came to my school once for a back-home day sort of thing with Radio Oneand interviewed me, cause of my music, and about when I won a Fame Academy bursary. She brought KT Tunstall who did a set in the school hall. Weird day.

17. Someone needs to tell Edith Bowman that there's this thing called the letter T, and that maybe pronouncing it sometimes might be a good idea.

18. I can't bear Scott Mills but apparently i'm alone on that! Actually I don't really like any of them. For some reason my radio can't seem to pick up Radio 1 properly anymore and I think my life has improved without it.

19. I'm with you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.