General Spice Girls Discussion *On Tour* | The Popjustice Forum

General Spice Girls Discussion *On Tour*

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breakfast2, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Spice Girls - W.O.M.A.N (29th October 2007)
    Spice Girls - Greatest (5th November 2007)

Erm, I'm no fan of theirs so nothing for me to really discuss. But I'm guessing this is good news to the fans. Why the Greatest Hits release though? Haven't all the fans got all the albums by now?

2. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

I hate song titles made up of initials.

3. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Ooh! I''m assuming WOMAN will be updated/re-written a bit.

Although I suppose, listening to it, it has relevance to them reuniting.

4. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Releasing W.O.M.A.N appears to be the Spice Girls realising the mistake of omitting their pop sound on the Forever album.

Milky x

5. Alfie

Alfie Guest

Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Ooh, I feel all tingly!

6. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

I think they should''ve had a shot at Christmas number one, though. Just for old time''s sake.

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Maybe they''ll see how it goes and release the other new track for Christmas or... (imaginary mode sets in...) Stop (Freemasons Remix) will get a release?

8. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Please say it’s not a Peggy Lee cover (I''m a Woman ...W.O.M.A.N) ?! Even the Freemasons couldn’t rescue that!

edit: realise now that this is not the case. The live version of YouTube shows potential. Why wasn''t it on the last album?

9. Steve

Steve Guest

No, it''s not a cover, is it? It''s the new song they performed on their last tour, and Simon Fuller is managing it all, I think!

I thought there wasn''t going to be a single, just the GH album. Hopefully it will be a proper deal with B-sides, bonus remixes, rare tracks, new songs and a DVD, otherwise what''s the point? Their hits really only span 2 albums, which most fans/people would have!

10. Alfie

Alfie Guest

I''ve lost my old (or thrown away by accident) Spice CDs, I would buy this!

11. vasilios

vasilios Guest

The album should be named 1''s - I am sure Stop was No 1 somewhere?

12. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

I''ve heard that they have recorded a ballad too. Perhaps is W.O.M.A.N and the Greatest Hits do well they will release a Christmas single??

Milky x

13. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

I expected a December release for the single to be honest - 4th Xmas number one? I thought they would have wanted to extend their record and add to the legacy a bit... tho a second single is highly unlikely. What I really (really, really) want is an official Spice Girls Megamix, by Jewels & Stones or someone... make a nice B-side to the single. More megamixes!

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yes, a megamix múst be released an I really think they should put it on the Greatest Hits album as well!

W.O.M.A.N. being released... hmm, in one way it''s a bit cheap to release an old track, but on the other hand since it''s an oldbie it probably comes closer to the old spicegirls-vibe then any new 2007-track ever could..

I for one am thrilled about this greatest hits, even though I own all their albums already.. I just like having all the wellknown songs on one disc.
    Were they to add a bonus/remixdisc: please include some of the amazing orchestral versions (2 become 1, goodbye, viva forever, too much all sounded sooo classic/classy that way!)

15. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Is there a contact address for Simon Fuller/19? I want to email my demand for a megamix... The Girls Aloud one is genius. I want something similar for the Spice Girls.

W.O.M.A.N. - a letter each, just like S.P.I.C.E.

I love acoustic and orchestral versions... they really bring out the atmosphere in a song. I''d quite forgotten about the Spice Orchestral versions and fully intend to re-investigate when I get home tonight.

16. hullaballoo

hullaballoo Guest

Please no, not W.O.M.A.N. As a bonus track its fine, but not as a single. Greatest Hits = finally.

17. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Am I right in thinking only Geri has a major label deal still? She has a 1 album option left on her 4 album deal right? I was just thinking, if the Spice Reunion is a success, would EMI allow a new album to go ahead or would they stick out a solo Geri best of to grab potential sales from renewed interest? Is this as much about re-generating flagging solo careers as anything else?

18. tommie

tommie Guest

Geri finished her contract with "Passion" - while that flopped and they were surely going to drop her, she was the only Spice to actually finish her contract.

19. hullaballoo

hullaballoo Guest

Hasn''t Emma still got a deal though?

20. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

I''m sure Geri had a 4 album deal. Didn''t she state in Hello magazne something along the lines of "I still have a record deal you know"... I''m sure she does. That''s why there was all this talk of a Geri best of a while back, because she still has one album to fulfil on her contract. Interesting...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.