General Spice Girls Discussion *On Tour* | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

General Spice Girls Discussion *On Tour*

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breakfast2, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

i wouldnt hold out much hope for it appearing in full on youtube, both the news channels have messed up with this. they both missed parts of it, lost the pictures and generally spoiled the occasion.

if you go onto sky news active you can watch the full photo call now, from just before the press conference. hopefully theyll put the full press conference on there soon.

2. SBK

SBK

Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

eh!?

3. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Apparently it''s playing now, from the photoshoot onwards on the interactive bit on BBC - I don''t know where, though.

Tommy''s going to be sticking it on DVD and I''ll probably YouTube it later if nobody else has by that point.

I agree about pot luck versus die-hard fans. What a shitty system. It''s all been a bit of a fuck-up today. Quite anticlimactic.

4. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Aye, anywhere online that is easily accessible is fine! I can''t believe the cock-ups. I''m so disappointed!

5. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

They only playing 11 dates all over the world??One date in London???

You have to enter a raffle on their website to be in with the chance to purchase ticets???What a heap of shit...

A chance to say goodbye to the fans...my ass!! Its going to be nigh on impossible to get tickets for these concerts...very disappointed.

Its all sooooo all the money for them!!!

6. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

At least having a lottery system where everyone has a fairly equal chance of getting tickets at the set price is better than loads of touts getting them and ripping off the fans? Although some people may sell their tickets anyway...

7. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

OH cmon.. I meant let''s be happy today

we have time to hate everything again tomorrow PLEASE

8. SBK

SBK

to be fair to them, I think this is their way of avoidig touts and tickets going for loads on ebay.

But to be honest, banging the tickets on ticketmaster and gving us a few weeks notice of when they''re going to go on sale would be the fairest way of making sure that the actual fans get tickets.

doing the whole lottery thing wont stop the touts registering 30thousand times in an attempt to get their hands on some.

It just all seems not very well thought out... hopefully everyone who registers will just get an email linking them to a site to buy them on, rather than "you''ve been selected..."

9. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I think they''ll add more dates - it makes sense,
    but maybe if the initial offer was for those dates, they will stay 11?
    Who knows?

10. SBK

SBK

yean, but it wont really stop them. they''ll have as much chance of getting tickets aswell... and will still be able to tout them for even higher prices because the actual fans who want to be there didnt get selected

11. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Like I said earlier, its all a bit of an anti-climax isn''t it??

Milky x

12. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

DenDen has a lot of stuff now, but it''s impossible to navigate, theres like 5000 people there
    i think more dates will be added, the site stated that it was possible, i mean, there NO WAY they will only do one date in the UK, thats a laugh on their own country when USA have 3 dates...also, on the photocall Mel B was screaming "where''s Brazil? (flag), i want Brazil!" so, for her to say that it''s because it''s planned, just not confirmed to be on the website

13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I can Imagine only a part of their tickets will be shared through their site, and it''s all made up to create a bigger buzz ánd an enormous mailinglist to create loads of easy promotion for anything the girls will do and release this year..

14. SBK

SBK

it is, the actual show had better no be this half arsed!

15. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Oh c''mon! Think about it. The lottery makes total sense. To book a 60 date world tour in advannce of announcing the reunion could have been a PR disaster had they not sold out instantly. The lottery is a way of working out worldwide demand behind the scenes. There''s 4 or 5 day gaps ebtween each date, meaning they can easily slot in a couple of extra nights here and there... and if the demand is there they will probably do a finale at wembley, like in the original days.

16. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

Fingers crossed..I just registered for the London date...Maybe I should have picked another city that would give me a better chance of winning???

Ah well,its in the hands of the gods now...

17. SBK

SBK

They''ll blatently add more dates, at the moment they''re just waiting to see if theres really a demand for them.

I do aggree that it sucks that he UK only has one innitial date, you''d expect them to do one up north

18. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

I can tell you now, expect singles these girls will have it somewhere in their contract that they must release singles there is no way money grabbing Fuller would let them sing for 11 days and then piss off with a Greatest Hits.

That will never happen, new material will be released it will just be a matter of time.

19. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

The lottery system only serves to piss off lots of genuine fans that will miss out on tickets and will be forced to pay hundreds of pounds on ebay to get one.

Milky x

20. Re: Spice Girls appear on release date charts...

You honestly believe the lottery for 12 dates is IT? It''s a marketing ploy. A list of potential direct marketing candidates, an overview of global interest, etc. They''re not just going to launch into a worldwide tour in 6 months - there;s gonna be alot before that. I''m thinking G-A-Y people?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.