General Spice Girls Discussion *On Tour* | Page 26 | The Popjustice Forum

General Spice Girls Discussion *On Tour*

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breakfast2, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Alfie

Alfie Guest

Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

''Stop'' Climbs to 77!

2. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

I haven''t had the email yet and I registered on thursday evening. Wonder if I put my email address in wrong.

I wonder if the press release and shitty website were launched earlier than might have originally been intended - hence the slightly lacklusture feeling to events? Maybe because it had more or less leaked out anyway they brought it forward rather than waiting till the Greatest Hits album was finalised and the website wasn''t so nothingy.

3. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

The Press Release was given out at the press conference and it did seem like it was hastily made up! But then again, the Press passes were nice!

4. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

They could at least put the rather fab EPK video thing on the website. And some blast from the past photos and video clips.

5. hullaballoo

hullaballoo Guest

Maybe play Stop in the background?

6. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

Basically the Spice Girls are in great demand GLOBALLY. Over a million fans registered on their official website for the tickets right after the group announced that they reformed. The are expecting a demand of 5 million in a WEEKS time.

Here''s the link: http://www.ticketnews.com/Spice-Girls-Drawing-Millions-of-Ticket-Requests7227

I''m very happy that their back together because they just dissappeared after they released Goodbye in Canada. Ya, they did release Holler and Forever here but it wasn''t the same. Now the crappy girl band.......or strippers the Pussycat Dolls can disappear (well they shouldn''t of been created to begin with). Every interview that they did they were like WE ARE the BIGGEST girl band (eh....no your not!).

Could someone list off their B-sides for me from the Spice and Spiceworld era''s.
    All I know are:
    Baby Come Round
    Bumper To Bumper
    Outer Space Girls
    Spice Invaders
    Take Me Home
    (best track)
    Walk Of Life (love)

7. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

Stop at #71 now!

For a fan only campaign without any media help, I think it''s doing great so far!

Stop to the TOP!

8. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

An ITV reporter questioned whether they would be good role models for girls because "there are 6 kids between you and only one husband". Mel B pops her head from under the table to respond was hilarious. Got to love that woman.

Here''s the clip: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vhvoE23toDQ

9. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

I think the point is that no-one gives a shit about their family life, or they shouldn''t. They''re popstars, and that should be kept seperate.

10. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

UK Itunes Top 100 as of now:

70. Song 4 Mutya - Groove Armada Feat. Mutya
    71. Stop- Spice Girls

I hope the humor here is not solely lost on me.

-Edgar

11. hullaballoo

hullaballoo Guest

See Mel B say ''I don''t like her'', then dismiss her with a flick of the wrist? I''ve missed that so much. You wouldn''t see Girls Aloud or Sugababes acting like this at a press conference.

12. Alfie

Alfie Guest

''Stop'' is 68 now. ''Song 4 Mutya'' is 71.

13. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

It''s at number 12 on the HMV download top 100 !!!!

14. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

I''m quite surprised by the position at HMV...

I know that this is manipulating the chart so as to render it pretty useless, but surely, if people are buying the music and the chart reflects what''s being bought then it''s not really making it meaningless...

I know Mr PJ didn''t like it with Lisa Scott-Lee, but come on... Spice Girls!

15. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

it''s at number 3 with the tesco''s download chart, does anything think there''s a chance of this happening?

i didn''t think there was a hope in hell, Im not to sure about that now..

16. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

3?!
    wow
    hopefully people will pick up on the fan re-release

Stop is now #66 on iTunes

17. Alfie

Alfie Guest

With it being high in the charts on all of these download sites, does anyone think it might even make the official UK Top 40 this Sunday? Or maybe I''m being overly enthusiastic.

18. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

its also at number 5 on the hmv downloads, this looks quite exciting...

19. Re: General Spice Girls Discussion

There''s the rest of the week to go yet, but let''s not forget about Crazy which topped the charts on downloads alone with 31,000 downloads in a week.

Let''s say that those 7000 Facebook or MySpace friends download it from iTunes, Tesco, Virgin, HMV and Woolies, that''s 35,000 by my maths...

Not bad...

20. Beware

Beware Guest

Stop is hovering really closely under the top 100 at the minute, according to a midweek.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.