General Square Enix Discussion | Page 159 | The Popjustice Forum

General Square Enix Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jonathan27, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Amazing. The best thing the company has come up with in ages.

Rainbow Trousers and soratami like this.
  2. I hate April Fool's Day.

3. This has literally been the only April Fool's related thing I have ever appreciated in my entire life.

4. I saw it and was literally going to play FFXIV again for a bit since I've been ignoring it for the Switch and then remembered the day. Ugh.

5. It'd actually be a pretty cool thing to have.

Rainbow Trousers likes this.
  6. I'm sick as a dog so decided to finish Final Fantasy IX for the second time in my life. What an experience. I cried during the ending and it made my headache worse but it was worth it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my absolute favourite exchange:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"There old saying in my tribe..."

[​IMG]

BTG, Bslg17, Mikl C and 14 others like this.
  7. My personal favourite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We love a philosophical genderless icon.

mi|kshake, papatrick, BTG and 20 others like this.
  8. Quina is the best waifu/husbando.

soratami likes this.
  9. I need to play IX again.

10. Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    aaronhansome and KamikazeHeart like this.
  11. I'll get over my grudge about the alternate thing over time I guess haha!. I mean, I can't really bitch about it considering they obviously wanted to have alternate from the very beginning - that Omen trailer is one good example. It seems all of those DLCs are about the big alternate plan, even that image showcases that, I just hope there will be canon parts as well, just like what they did in Episode Ignis.

12. My initial reaction was "There goes my hype!" but after some thinking I've somewhat come around to it. It helps that that picture is very cute! Also I realized it makes since for the paid DLC to not be canon since a lot more people would have been angry if they announced four PAID canon game expansions. The Royal Edition might have been well received, but people were definitely complaining about paying for it. So I can live with it even if it somewhat feels like a waste I just hope we get some good free updates to the main game while we wait (I can't believe it won't be till 2019 yet I can cause it's XV).

13. Thinking more about it, I doubt everything will be alternate - especially Ardyn since we are basically getting a prequel. Maybe it will be like Iggy one where we had both. And I must admit I will be happy to see Noct and Luna alive and happy, they deserve it.

Having said all that, I do still find the original game very good and ending perfect so I will always support it.

Regarding the release date, I think its better that we wait longer now and then have them very soon all together than have long waits in between. And since they are taking their time, maybe these episodes will be longer than the first 3 were.

14. FF15 concert at the PAX EAST. Again, it is spoilery as the video screen showcases moments from the game:

bakerboy92 likes this.
  15. Finding out FFXV is going to keep getting DLC throughout 2019 is just depressing. I hate this "games as a service" model. Can't we just get a new game instead?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  16. That’s exactly how I’m feeling. After such a long wait and a fun but underwhelming game, I’m ready to move on. The 4 DLC’s we got were great, but I just want to be done with it forever.

17. Who knows when we will get Remake, Nomura is working on it after all. Even KH3 is not out yet. I bet FF16 is the last thing on their mind.

Funny thing is about these new DLCs is that, if so many hadn’t complained about the ending and raved about Episode Ignis Verse 2 bonus, maybe these DLCs would never even be made. Literally everything they did so far is listening to the fans and adding what they want.

18. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't obvious that the game was released with (barely) the bare minimum of the story.

Since they are treating FFXV that way, it probably would have been a better idea for Square Enix to have at least released all of the episodes in year 1 for free. For me, I wouldn't have felt like I was ripped off for buying the game at launch, and I'd be more inclined to continue playing FFXV through the online mode. Basically, emulate the GTA Online model of free content updates and have microtransactions for in-game currency / cosmetic items.

aaronhansome likes this.
  19. The last thing FF needs right now is microtransactions added to the mix!

SE is already being insanely greedy as it is. They recently announced an app for FFXIV that comes with a monthly subscription...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.