General Square Enix Discussion | Page 244 | The Popjustice Forum

General Square Enix Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jonathan27, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I know he was changed for happy ending, I even expected the gang would fight the Astrals. I mean, even when Tabata was still involved, the description of Noct's episode went with the lines of "parting way with the Astrals" so I assumed they would defy their tragic fates.

I don't even mind that everything is preordained or that Ardyn was betrayed since the main goal was to eradicate the Starscourge - I actually find this very interesting. BUT now it seems Bahamut is like a Bhunivelze, he simply wanted everyone dead because they dared to defy the mighty god.

I mean, its not the worst idea I guess but we have seen that already in FF. Basically, if they only haven't said that Bahamut planned Terra Flare during the War of The Astrals, I would have been fine with everything. This part alone disappoints me the most.

I would still like to read the full novel though, summaries never can give you the full picture.

2. Oh I definitely want to read it too whenever they decide to release it (give us a date!), it's just so weird to think they were going to make the novel into DLC because it seems so wildly different from FFXV. I wonder if Square regrets saying no sequels because they probably could have worked this into a sequel.

3. Yeah, those who read it say in some parts it is very obvious this was meant to be a game, especially in Aranea's story, you can just imagine epic boss fights. And especially the last showdown with Noct and the gang. I have a feeling they definitely will regret it but I am still baffled at no mention of English version. I mean, what gives? You released the game worldwide, its absurd you are restricting the continuation of the game, even if it is alternative. Plus, some of the parts are canon, like:

- the relationship between Ardyn and Somnus is a bit more clear
    - Noct's reflection within the Crystal (that part is great even in the book, its a shame this wasn't a part of ch. 13)
    - more stuff on Luna, how she had a hard regime to become an Oracle, that is why she can fight. Haha, I have to say it cracked me up that the book says Luna is great at five finger fillet.
    - how Luna actually didn't know Noct will have to sacrifice - I always assumed she did so its good to know this.

If this goes well I wouldn't be surprised if the sequel actually happens sometime in the future. I mean, I find it insane that there are rumors going on about eventual X-3 so I guess crazy things can happen.

4. Me, impatiently refreshing Amazon's Final Fantasy X Switch page waiting for it to go on sale.

[​IMG]

5. Dddd good fuckin luck

DoggySwami likes this.
  6. Ddd didn't it just come out?

7. Final Fantasy XII came out today on Switch and it's already discounted. Meanwhile, nada for Final Fantasy X.

The frustration of it all. I just can't bring myself to pay $50 for it when the PS4 version is sitting right there at $16.

8. Two weeks ago.

9. I am amazed I am still alive and kicking in Critical mode in KH2, I even beat Zexion and Larxene in that absent sidequest.

You’d think though I would get stuck at some boss fight but nooo, I struggle with the damn bike mini race in that Tron world. It took me forever to get through that haha!

kalonite likes this.
  10. Here is the list of the top 100 mobile games in Japan based on revenue in 2018.

Plenty of things to consider:
    - FFXV A New Empire is the top FF game despite not being actually managed by Square Enix.
    - FF Record Keeper still going strong despite being 4 years old and visually archaic compared to other titles like FF Dissidia Opera Omnia.
    - The most graphically advanced FF, Mobius, is not in the top100, and neither is Kingdom Hearts Union X.

aaronhansome likes this.
  11. yaasssss come on Dragalia Lost!

12. Granblue and Deresute in the top 15, the only games I care about and spend on YAS

aaronhansome likes this.
  13. Do we know if the Switch/X1 FF12 improvements were patched into the PS4 version?

14. L o l

bakerboy92 and RUNAWAY like this.
  15. Here is the last part of Noct’s story if you are interested:

All in all, its ok. It makes sense why so much in it screams FF13, I wouldn’t be surprised if the villain is the same in Versus that Nomura planned.

If You Go likes this.
  16. It wouldn't be that strange, they did add the Sky Pirate's Den months after the game was released so could have easily added these new features as well.

17. I got the "RETURN TO IVALICE"-mail, had completely forgotten XII was set in Ivalice and... got my hopes up they were porting FFT or putting out a new one in that series fff.

18. Apparently we're getting a FF-related announcement tomorrow in the Playstation direct and it seems like it might be Chocobo related... Come through Chocobo Racing remake

KamikazeHeart and Xanax like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.