General Square Enix Discussion | Page 358 | The Popjustice Forum

General Square Enix Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jonathan27, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Yeah, but it’s £24 online for the physical copy. Just annoying that the downloadable version is so expensive.

2. Cackling at this but I think the PS1 FF pre-rendered backgrounds still look pretty good. Most PS1 games that were not pre-rendered makes my eyes bleed but the FF games still are pretty aesthetically pleasant.

Milotic likes this.
  3. They intentionally blurred some of the backgrounds in the FF8 port because they lost the source files and couldn’t optimise them properly nn

4. Oh, didn't know that. That's unfortunate.

5. I mean, if they cared a bit more and put more effort into it they could have made it better. If mods can do this on their own...

6. The Square-Enix dilemma.

stuaw and ohaimanabu like this.
  7. FF7R Orchestra concert will be held in Japan this Saturday and the composers are hyping it with multiple video messages like this one for example:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new info on FF7R then. I don't think something major but anything new regarding FF7R would be cool to see.

soratami likes this.
  8. In the best of worlds we're getting some sort of DLC, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up for more than a PC/PS5-version.

aaronhansome and ohaimanabu like this.
  9. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. All three iterations of the series have contained so much story that I really don't know how they're going to combine it. But imagine if they went all Spiderverse and you had all three Lara's running around the games.

I agree. I definitely think the next time we see Lara it's going to be sometime after Shadow and she'll be more in line with the classic series.

And I definitely need the original games to end up in the store. I was absolutely awful at them all (I never completed a Tomb Raider without using cheats until Legend), but really want to play them all again.

Pyro, SupersonicBionic and mi|kshake like this.
  10. I've recently re-completed the Reboot Trilogy and really enjoyed myself. I struggled a lot when I played TR2013 as it seemed Tomb Raider in name only and I missed Classic Lara (not to be mention the optional tombs! Which was lacklustre to say the least)!

I've adjusted my expectations over the years and had fun 100%ing the reboot games.

11. Another rumor:

12. I'm not sure what Sony would have to gain from acquiring Square-Enix? Most of their properties are already associated with PlayStation without needing to own them.

DoggySwami likes this.
  13. Yeah that rumor is weird but there has been so much talk around FF7R recently that something is probably happening, it just depends when will they announce it officially, whatever that is.

14. As my 2020 GOTY, give me that sweet FFVIIR content for the new consoles.

In the meantime, let me finally finish Stormblood and experience the hype of Shadowbringers before the new expansion.

clowezra, stuaw and Rainbow Trousers like this.
  15. Sony possibly buying SE makes me a bit apprehensive, mainly because of what it could mean for SE's Nintendo exclusive series like Bravely Default and Octopath, and also because I think there's a certain sameness to Sony's big first party games, and I'd rather SE just kept doing their thing rather that get sucked into that.

He likes this.
  16. If this does happen maybe Lara will be given back her PlayStation Icon status which seems to ignored more than acknowledged.

ItBeats likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.