General Square Enix Discussion | Page 412 | The Popjustice Forum

General Square Enix Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jonathan27, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Ever Crisis looks fantastic but you will probably need a high-end phone to play it. Mine already suffers with Nier Reincarnation at maximum graphics.

There's so much going on in the FFVII sub series at the moment. It's a very nice feeling.

ZsDbk88 likes this.
  2. Yeah, it sure is amazing to be FF fan at the moment! I have Xaomi 6 and I doubt I will be able to play Ever Crisis. Hopefully they will bring this to Playstation eventually just like FF15 pocket edition and in the meantime hopefully someone will have a playthrough on YouTube. I am very curious about how Advent Children will be as a game.

3. Winter of next year is really not that bad as far as a release date for FF7 Remake Part II is concerned. At least we finally do have a release date. Other than that I don't have much to say though. The trailer was exactly what I was expecting it to be.

4. I just saw a video review of the Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin demo...and that shit is one of the least appealing looking games I've ever seen. Talk about taking a lot of artistic license to produce something that looks bland and awful.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  5. Here is Japanese trailer with English subtitles:

I still find it so strange when they sometimes completely change something in translation. For example, that first Aerith line where she mentions anger and sadness, she never actually says they can change the future. Also, what Tifa says is slightly different.

In any case, I am glad Cloud and Tifa are talking about this as its really annoying to see the comments over the years saying Tifa was a bad friend because she never told him the truth which is just ridiculous. For one, she wasn't certain herself about the incident and two, she was scared of what could pushing do to him (it caused the breakdown in the end) but she always payed attention to him and was there for him when he was our of his mind. If that is a bad friend, I don't know then...

By the way, people are certain that Aerith line "I am looking hard to find you" is from the Gold Saucer date with Cloud but I think this could also mean that Aerith is talking/thinking of Zack.

6. Two remakes and a mainline Final Fantasy in the space of 12 months…bloody hell. I’m ready to empty my wallet nn

7. Now that we know it will be a trilogy, where do you think Rebirth might end? If they stick with the major plot points of course.

I think ending at the Northern Crater when Cloud loses his mind could be good, to finish at the lowest point and then we have a grand finale in the 3rd game.

8. https://nordic.ign.com/final-fantas...s-party-members-and-why-it-wont-be-a-final-fa

Well why didn't you just say so from the start.

Jonathan27 and soratami like this.

9. Final Fantasy Story of Seasons? Yes please.

10. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Switch and Steam only?! What the fuck. WHY?!

11. This was a pleasant surprise. My only conundrum is my Steam Deck preorder is closing in. If all goes through I’ll be able to have one by the fall and a lot of the games I’m interested in will be on Steam or Nintendo. My Switch will probably be relegated to first party games only.

ChrisC likes this.
  12. Very excited for the Nier franchise to have a wider reach. However considering that Automata already had performance issues on Steam, I'm afraid how it will run on Switch. Hopefully they have dedicated enough time and work to the port.

13. Obsessed with the concept being "less horny Atelier" as a series, honestly.

This looks cute and pretty good for a Switch/Steam Deck game to play on the side.

Macsun, bakerboy92 and DoggySwami like this.
  14. Stranger of Paradise is getting a DLC, in case someone is interested:

15. I hate that this is partially a farming simulator because the art style is one of the prettiest I've ever seen in a game. But video game farming is so boring. Just seeing the game character water crops makes me want to fall asleep.

smellycat likes this.

16. a;fdlgkja;lgj Manderville relic weapons?!

ohaimanabu and soratami like this.
  17. I've been playing Dragon Quest XI S, and as much as I'm stanning all over again, it was pretty disappointing to find out the crossbow kid sidequest isn't in this version. For anyone who didn't play the original version of the game, it was a sidequest you got after getting the crossbow in Gallopolis that revolved around finding five crossbow targets in every area of the world. I get why they did it, because the game is supposed to be fully playable both in 3D and 2D modes, and that quest just wouldn't work in 2D mode, but still, it's a shame because it was a pretty big sidequest which got you to explore the world more thoroughly. I suppose all the extra content more than makes up for it, but still. At least I got to do it in the original game I guess.

Speaking of the 2D mode, as much as it's pretty amazing how you can play the game in two completely different ways like that, and as cool as it is to experience it in the Tickington sections, I don't know why anyone would choose to play the whole game that way. For a second playthrough maybe, but it's just worse than the 3D version in pretty much every way.

18. The Meltdowns on social media are ridiculous.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.