General Video Games discussion | Page 1554 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. I’m not all that far and while I’m loving the exploration and battles. I don’t mind the story but I hope the characters become more likeable because Shione is doing way too much and Alphen chasing her around like a little puppy complimenting her at every turn is getting slightly old.

2. Okay that Braccus Rex battle is just MEAN. But I made it on my first go thanks to Bairdotr and her elemental arrows.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  3. DeathLoop serving acclaim. I can believe it

ohaimanabu likes this.
  4. I'm mostly glad it's finally out so I don't to hear about it in every presentation anymore nn. Though overexposure aside it actually does look pretty cool.

evangelion likes this.
  5. Of course haven't played Arise, but one thing that was a bit annoying in Vesperia was how they would keep hammering a certain character mannerism over and over with no subtlety. How many times does Raven need to talk about how old he is, especially when he's not even old?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Jawshxx likes this.
  6. Ddd it’s basically one of the only exclusives for PS5 for Q4 now so…I get it. Plus Arkane have always underperformed so I’m glad they’re getting a push

soratami likes this.
  7. Im only about 12 hours in but I'm also loving the exploration, battle system and story. Does this game remind anyone of Xenoblade Chronicles? I love that the story has two protagonists and Shionne is becoming one of my favorite JRPG gals. The anime/manga interludes are so well done and makes me take in the story more. I'm really taking my time with the game and soaking everything in.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    evilsin, Raichu and soratami like this.
  8. Although it's linear, some of the grassy plains footage from Arise does indeed look a lot like Xenoblade Chronicles.

Macsun likes this.
  9. I'm still early in the game but Shionne definitely gives me gay icon vibes. Her aloofness and no-nonsense attitude are a bit iconic, and it's the perfect counterpart to Alphen's more earnest and emotional personality. The two protagonists really complement each other super well.

I agree the skits are fantastic too, they're a great way to learn more about the characters/story/world, and there have been some genuinely funny ones too. They've always been one of my favourite thing about Tales, but the dynamic manga/comics style they went with this time around makes them look so much better than they did in the older games.

clowezra, Macsun and evilsin like this.
  10. It's easier to focus on one character than do one with 4 or more. Plus, Wolverine can easily exist without being set at Xaviers. You can do Weapon X stuff, The Hand, and so many more villains without even dipping a toe into being at the mansion.

11. But why not a solo STORM, PSYLOCKE, SHADOW CAT, JUBILEE, MAGIK, MOONSTAR? There are other X-Men characters that have interesting solo stories worth telling too (and much more visual appealing power sets).

Celestial Mosaic and He like this.
  12. I would prefer those more too but they have less of a name. Blame Fox for making Wolverine even more important over all the other more interesting mutant characters.

Trust me, an Elektra game would be so much more entertaining and fun than Wolverine. Imagine taking on hits while also trying to uncover what The Hand is doing in whatever city the game was set in.

13. Wolverine honestly makes sense as the choice for a beat-em-up game, despite him not being the most exciting (or gay rights) mutant there possibly could be. I'm not sure Storm would work as a solo open world game character as much as I am obsessed with her. Lightning and wind isn't very button-mash friendly. I feel like it only works in XMen Legends or Ultimate Alliance because there's more of an ensemble cast. But having just her and only her to play as... I don't know how it'd work out.

I actually would've loved to see them make a Black Panther game instead of Wolverine if any popular Marvel hero was on the table to be used.

14. Spider-Man is great but I just don’t really want Insomniac turning into a team that only work with established franchises. They made their name through bold, creative titles and don’t want that to be lost

YourLeadSinger and ThisIsRogue like this.
  15. I kinda get the impression that, after launching a bunch of new IPs over the last few years, "bold, creative titles" aren't really Sony's priority anymore? All upcoming first party titles are either sequels, remakes or Marvel.

16. That is true. Although they have cut publishing/exclusive deals still for games like DeathLoop, Ghostwire, Kena and Returnal so there is still some intent (even if the former 2 are awkward in their situation)

17. There was a big Nvidia leak which they've revealed to be true.

Square Enix:

• Chrono Cross Remaster
    • Final Fantasy Tactics remaster
    • Final Fantasy IX Remake (possibly just a reference to the recent remaster)
    • Tomb Raider Anniversary
    • Kingdom Hearts IV
    Capcom:

• Resident Evil 4 Remake (previously rumoured)
    • Street Fighter 6
    • Dragons Dogma 2 (previously rumoured)
    • Monster Hunter 6
    Take-Two:

• GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas Remasters (previously rumoured)
    • Bioshock RTX remaster
    • Bioshock 2022
    EA:

• Mirrors Edge RTX Remaster
    • Untitled Respawn Game
    • Titanfall 3
    Bandai Namco:

• Tekken 8
    Curve Digital:

• Human Fall Flat 2
    Devolver Digital:

• The Talos Principle 2
    Crytek:

• Crysis 4
    D3 Publisher Inc:

• Earth Defence Force 6
    Sega:

• Bayonetta 3
    • Judgement
    Atlus:

• Catherine Full Body
    • Shin Megami Tensei V
    WB:

• Batman: Arkham Knight RTX Remaster
    Valve:

• Half-Life 2 Remastered
    Paradox:

• Project FPS
    They've said these titles are speculative and not necessarily confirmation but that just reeks of playing it down to save face.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...base_leak_lists_unannounced_third-party_games

19. See y'all in 2026.

20. I’m an hour in since I only downloaded it yesterday on the Series S but I stanned the moment she put her pastel pink hair up in to a Ariana ponytail moment. Turning looks and stunting pretty. Queen.

soratami likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.