General Video Games discussion | Page 1587 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. BTG

BTG

The new Tomb Raider games are fun, especially the first. If you can get past the fact that Lara is unbearable and has such bad bangs.

DoggySwami and Celestial Mosaic like this.
  2. I started Tales of Acclaim last week and I'm kind of hooked already. The combat is really fun and I like the few characters I've met so far. I wasn't expecting much from Alphen but he and Shionne are a kii as a duo.

3. [​IMG]

Persona 5 Strikers coming to PS+ next month, that's pretty cool.

4. I think the first is the weakest of the three nn. Rise is the best one for me. But then I love snowy settings for games.

5. I have finished Remothered: Tormented Fathers and it is amazing. The characters, the story, the setting, the atmosphere... I love it. Can't wait to start Remothered: Broken Porcelain tomorrow.

6. Games I'm most looking forward to either playing or finding out more information about in 2022:

Avowed
    Dragon Age 4
    Fable Reboot
    Grand Theft Auto 6
    Hogwarts Legacy
    Mass Effect 5
    Perfect Dark Reboot
    "Project 007"
    Redfall
    Saints Row
    Starfield
    Star Wars KOTR Remake
    Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

soratami likes this.
  7. Calling it now that only two of these will actually be released in 2022, Saints Row and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands dd. Maybe Starfield as well but I bet it'll get delayed.

Off the top of my head, the games I'm looking forward to the most that are definitely coming in 2022 are Pokémon: Legends Arceus, Chocobo GP, Roguebook (console version), Marvel Midnight Suns, Saints Row, Triangle Strategy and Mario + Rabbids: Spark of Hope.

BubblegumBoy and DJHazey like this.
  8. I think Starfield will get pressured the same way Halo was to release by the end of the year. So it'll probably be a messy release dd.

soratami likes this.
  9. Surely it has to better than Fallout 76?
    It can hardly be worse

DJHazey likes this.
  10. I’m hard for Elden Ring

11. I’m holding out for Gotham Knights mostly. But I’m getting an Xbox Series S so will be mainly investing in older Xbox games. I see you Quantum Break and Ryse Son of Rome.

12. Gals, I am not a gamer but I was chatting to a friend about my brain being fried with general stress recently who said I'd really enjoy "zen" games. Apart from stuff like Animal Crossing popping on my social media timeline I didn't really realise they were such a big thing.

Can y'all recommend any of your favourites, please? Mac, Windows or phone all OK. Stuff like world building, exploration, tasks – nothing with anxiety or peril.

13. I think you'd like these:

All beautiful, relaxing games.

14. Also these three, I haven't actually played them yet (they're on my to-play list), so I can't recommend them as much as the ones above, but I'm pretty sure they also fit the bill

Laurence, BubblegumBoy and bestinase like this.
  15. Thanks sis both these posts look perfect for what I was after.

16. Highly recommend A Short Hike! Just be aware you won’t get more than a few hours of mileage of zen-ness out of it (as the name suggests).

aaronhansome, Laurence and bestinase like this.
  17. Let me put this anticipated list here so I can refer to it later nn:

BOTW sequel
    Pokémon Legends Arceus
    Saints Row
    Arc Raiders
    DokeV
    Splatoon 3
    Forspoken
    Starfield
    Redfall

aux likes this.
  18. He

He

Try Gris! It’s stunning.

joe_alouder and bestinase like this.
  19. I see a lot of people are also loving Unpacking, which is on Game Pass.

Laurence and bestinase like this.
  20. I haven't played them, but apparently I own these from itch.io charity bundles, and they look like what you're looking for:
    https://elleosiliwood.itch.io/the-missing-locksmith
    https://fabiandenter.itch.io/wish-upon-a-star

This one is a short (~1 hour) music-themed puzzle game, and the in-browser version is free to play. I liked it - it's basically a logic puzzle that requires you to synthesize information from a variety of sources like magazine interviews, musicians' diaries, and concert reviews.
    https://tim-sheinman.itch.io/family

This one wasn't for me personally but it's pretty acclaimed so lots of other people enjoy it, and it does have a great premise:

And if puzzles like this are your thing:

(I really like this one, but there's one level I'm helplessly stuck on.)

bestinase and BubblegumBoy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.