General Video Games discussion | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. What you say about the PS2 is so true and is the reason I stuck with it for a good while. So much goodness and all so cheap!

All my Amiga stuff is on the emulator on my laptop which is great but being able to save anyway does ruin the experience somewhat. I'm also very excited taht you can Speedball for the Xbox360. It will be mine!

The DS has some amazing games and for me it's where all of the innovation in gaming is. And it's all about fun which makes it brilliant. The great games have dried up a little of late but there are so many good ones out there now (Phoenix Wright oh how I love you) that it doesn't really matter.

2. Im a Mario Karts whore. My favorite franchise ever.

3. Lost Odyssey has a great battle system, and a fairly decent story (and by that I mean it's nearly made me cry already and i'm only 10 hours in. Infact the whole thing's horribly depressing), the only thing that lets it down for me is the little "dream" sections. You unlock these through dialogue with various people, and me being the completlist I am, I have to read them all, even though most of them take 10+ minutes.

4. Eternal Sonata is noice.

5. I wanted to buy that but i've read that it's really short...I like my RPGs meaty!

Tales Of Symphonia is possibly the best game of all time, by the way.

6. Animal Crossing is awesome. Incredibly annoying but addictive.
    I've been wanting a Wii for ages, and I went round to a mate's house recently and played Mario Kart Wii on that. It was quite good really.

7. Mario Kart Wii is good but there are flaws.

They made the mistake in that by increasing the no. of players to 12, they have also made the weapons system annoying as fuck. You can be 3rd and get a blue shell! And there is normally 5 or 6 blue shells used per race when it used to be 2 or 3.

And the fucking lightning and pow block. You never used to be affected if you were mid jump or flying over a ramp. But now, you could be doing a jump over lava, get hit by the lightning and fall into the lava by no fault of your own.

It's really fustrating!!
    Does anyone play it online? You get some cheats online!! Some people have found a way to jump about the track so that you can't hit them and they will always finish first.

8. Cheats are for cheaters. People should play fair!

but yes, I played Mario Kart online for a while. Quite fun!

9. I'll have to research RPGs at some point. At the moment my life is totally consumed by The Orange Box. If only real life had portals.

10. I don't know what's going on with those fuckers online, but I often see people like, disappear, and then reappear, always substantially in front, not sure about that.

I consider it a worthwhile update to Double Dash which I played to death, the two-character thing meant switching to use different weapons was a pain and gave even more of an advantage to those behind you as they could get two amazing ones + it encouraged hoarding. So the Wii version is better in that respect, but they brought over some rubbish Gamecube tracks instead of the good ones. I miss the GC's 'Bowser Castle', although bringing over the GBA one was a brilliant move, always loved that track.

I wasn't aware the lightning used to miss you if you were going over a jump, I know the POW block didn't, I THINK I managed to avoid it the other day by doing that pitiful little jump you can do jussst as it hit, but that might have been something else. I'm a bit of a sadist and play against the computer set to the hardest setting with weapons set to 'frantic', it is about as cruel as it is online if you do that. I daren't play online often, I don't want to lose my precious low-6000s score which I realise is quite crap really :(

11. Mario Kart Wii online is just lethal. I swear some of those people just log on to bully others while racing!

12. Did anyone else buy Resident Evil 5? I beat it on Professional mode last night! Eep.

13. Egalite - That's exactly what I'm talking about!
    The last time I played online, I was first and then all of a sudden was 2nd without seeing anyone pass me. They appeared a good bit in front so I threw a red shell. And before it hit them, they vanished and reappeared right in front of me and then suddenly appeared miles in front!

What's the point in playing if your going to play like that? It takes all the fun out.

14. WHY HAS NOBODY MENTIONED POKEMON!?

red/blue/yellow: obviously flawed but a great start. this is a very nostalgic game.

silver/gold/crystal: improved alot and in colour! this is where I spent hours making the perfect team.

saphire/ruby/emerald: great new addidtions like pokemon contests and double battles etc

leaf green/fire red: great remakes of the first games, its nice to see such an old game come to life in updated graphics

diamond/pearl/platinum: loooooaads of pokemon by this point, hugely enhanced by the online wi-fi system, this is the game where you spend months not hours making the perfect team to compete with people around the world

soul silver/heart gold: remakes of silver and gold, not out yet!

That is all.

15. I still worship Sonic 1,2,3,Sonic and Knuckles and Sonic 3D on Sega Megadrive.

And I also think the best games to come out of Nintendo were all on the N64- Mario 64,Banjo-Kazooie,Paper Mario and Mario Kart 64. I never liked Double Dash much because having to be two people irritated me,and I didn't like the music,which was even worse,because usually the Mario games have amazing music. I must admit though that my favourite thing to do on Mario 64 was just to take him to Dire Dire Docks or Wet Dry World for a swim,which probably destroys any credibility my opinions may have.

16. Super Mario 64 is fucking immense!
    It holds so many memories. It's both difficult and enjoyable.

Mario Galaxy is just as good.

17. Mario Kart is awesome. The 64 version is probably my favourite. Have you ever played the N64 Mario Kart and then tried to play the SNES version? It's impossible!

I also agree with all the blue shell chat previously. The constant levelling of the playing field gets really annoying if you're actually more skilled than those you play against.

On the SNES version you totally used to be able to avoid getting lightning bolted by tapping one of the shoulder buttons at the right time so you were in the air.

18. It can be fucking impossible to get star rating on grand prix! I think I was first for the first 2 laps and half of the 3rd on 150cc on Luigi Circuit and then I got and I kept note:
    blue shell, red shell, lightning, red shell, blue shell, pow.

I finished 5th by no fault of my own.

As for Pokemon, I love it but it takes ages to really get into it.
    I'm looking forward to the Gold/Silver remakes.

19. Ah yes, I love Pokemon. I have to be really in the mood to play it though as you really have to get right into it. I'm still trying to beat the elite four on Pearl and it's taking ages! I just want to open up the National Dex as I do like collecting Pokemon. Pokemon Link much better for a quick fix though!

20. I think I have said this before in another thread but I remember a lost summer plaing pokemon stadium with my best friend on the N64. Those were the days!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.