General Video Games discussion | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. I think it would be cool if they released a 3d pokemon game like pokemon red/blue etc.

2. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I don't understand Ecco The Dolphin at all. Why am I just wandering around aimlessly? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS GAME? *plays Streets Of Rage again instead*

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Big love for:

Mario Kart
    Mario Galaxy
    Leisure Suit Larry (1-6)
    Broken Sword 1&2
    Theme Hospital
    Sims

4. I love the Tomb Raider range all though the last one didn't meet my expectations. I think 'Legends' is my favourite from the series.

Also the Harry Potter games are good as well. The 5th one was such an improvement in terms of environment. I can't wait for the next one.

5. Yes! That would be great. Imagine it would be a little like Viva Pinata in a way except a lot more free roaming obviously.

I remember playing Echo the Dolphin on the Game Gear and getting very confused by it all. I do want the Sega Collection for the Xbox360 though, so I can be confused all over again!

6. I looove the Tomb Raider series and regularly go back to the old ones as well. I dunno what it is about them, although I've always been a platforming fan. I've just finsihed Underworld actually. It wasn't bad but they are starting to flag a little. Saying that, I really enjoyed Anniversary.

7. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

That's the collection I'm playing it on and it is just so weird. So far I've swam around for a bit and run into some rocks. FUN.

The rest of the collection, at least what I've had a poke around in so far, is great though. I never thought I'd play these games again, it's an important part of my childhood back, back, back!

8. What are you talking about?! That sounds like my idea of heaven!

I just want the collection for the Sonic games really! I never had a Mega Drive so I missed out on a lot of stuff.

9. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Streets Of Rage and Golden Axe are still completely amazing, just as I remembered them. I'm surprised at how difficult I'm finding them - if 8 year old me could do it, why can't 18 year old me?

10. Maybe it's because you've become too used to playing games in 3D. Left to right scrolling just does not compute!

11. Ecco the Dolphin confused the hell out of me too. But I did like how he had a nice set of stars on his forehead!

I love Pokémon. I've been playing the Pearl lately and that's good fun. The remakes of Gold/Silver sound great! Where has this been confirmed?

I love Resident Evil 1 and 2. Yes, zombies are amazing.

12. Gold/Silver remakes have been cofirmed by Official Nintendo Magazine which I am a subscriber too.

They have also confirmed Red Steel 2 which used motion plus and looks amazing!!

13. I don't get why Nintendo would want to remake Gold/Silved since the new Pokemon are basically updates of them anyway, with more monsters and more stuff to do. What will they gain by doing it?

14. sales

sales = money

15. Haha, yes. Silly me!

16. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I am the worst GTA IV player ever. I can't get past the fourth mission! How embarrassing!

17. I used to be Ninty fanboy but my eyes have been really opened since the Wii/DS. Started off amazingly and then Nintendo fell into the casual market. Things are starting to look up though.

18. I can't speak for the Wii as I don't own one although I've played on it but I do love the DS. I never know what to make of the term 'casual gamer' as the DS has a lot of little puzzle games that I love and are quite quick in terms of time you need to spend on them. Games like Tetris, Zoo Keeper or Actionloop are excellent and I get as much from them as I do from something much more long-term like Final Fantasy. Simple doesn't mean bad necessarily. Saying that though, the DS was lacking something that you could really get your teeth into. I can't think of anything in particular since Zelda although I'm desperate to buy Broken Sword.

19. Golden. Axe.

Nuff said

20. I remember one day in work we had to dress in a nu-rave style and I was told i looked more like Ash Ketchum.

Ahem!

It was Sonic the hedgehog for me and more a gamecube and ps2 later on

While looking up sonic the hedgehog i found out that wikipedia list 63 different fictional foxes in media

63!!!

Also it reminded me of a old animation series of sonic the hedgehog whihc was really dark and sinister and only ran for 2 series

Anyone else remember this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.