General Video Games discussion | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. I have just found out they're released a new shiny version of the original Monkey Island game for Xbox Live Arcade. You have no idea how much this pleases. I'm playing Grim Fandango at the moment having never done so before so I'm certainly missing my point and click adventures.

2. I'm really looking forward to the remakes of Pokémon Gold and Silver.
    Gold/Silver >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Diamond/Pearl

3. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Official verdict on the Sims 3: amazing.

4. I've heard good things about it. I can't let myself buy it though. The first one consumed me!

5. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Yeah, wake me up for Michael Jackson's comeback and the three live shows I'm going to this year (French & Saunders, Simon & Garfunkel, Beyonce &... Her Massive Hair) because I'm not coming out of my room for anything else now.

I never played The Sims 2 so this is a massive upgrade for me. I like their language. I want to learn it.

6. Dag

Dag

I love Grim Fandango. It's my favorite game ever! I wish I could play it for the first time again, must be amazing.

7. Simcity 3000 and Simcity 4 have consumed the most hours of my life.

Love it.

8. I don't think I could start to play a game like The Sims, it requires so much time and effort!

The trailer for the new Mario Galaxy looked good though practically the same as the last one but with added Yoshi.
    Though the trailer for Assassin's Creed 2 is AMAZING.

9. Oh it's amazing! Although I'm so used to be able to see all of my items on screen. I keep forgetting what I'm holding so I'm proving to be quite useless at solving the puzzles (I don't cheat though, I never cheat!). I'd love a pet Glottis!

It's also amusing me that Manny is voiced by Ugly Betty's Dad, a sure sign of a good game!

10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I remember years ago when I was totally into point&clickers like Leisure Suit Larry, Broken Sword and The Pandora Detective, it was só hard once you got stuck somewhere..
    I really had to search all of my school for someone who knew the game, or order old issues of gamemagazines with the walkthrough to knowhow to continue.. It's so much easier nowadays (though this also means it's a lot harder to force yourself to do it without any help)

11. Loads of great new games announced at E3 this year.

Super Mario Galaxy 2
    New Super Mario Bros Wii
    Metroid: Other M
    Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    Wii Fit Plus
    Wii Vitality sensor.

12. Great?!
    I thought it just looked like another shit remake that really shouldn't be for the Wii. It doesn't even look good enough for the DS!

13. Yes! This rings so true with me. The joy on finding that a magazine had a walkthrough in that you really needed was wonderful. I also remember the great feeling of cracking a puzzle that you'd been stuck on for ages.

Broken Sword is a firm favourite of mine. I'm waiting for it to come down in price a bit before I get it for the DS.

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Broken Sword is without a doubt my favourite P&C-game.
    I remember vividly how I got stuck at the goat in Ireland, because it was based on timing, an timing hadn't played a part in the rest of the game, so I just didn't realize some puzzles were timebased..
    Also picking up the tiny bit of a feather in BS II was tricky.. it wasn't once I knew I had to do it, but the damn thing was so incredibly small I would have never noticed it myself.

15. Bloody hell that goat! We really weren't alone in getting stuck on that bit. I played all of the Broken Sword games quite recently and the first one still stands out as being really beautiful.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I stopped playing them after part 2.. the 3d thing turned me off them. Are the other parts worth checking out?
    Part 1 was amazing.. unfortunately I can't install it on my new pc anymore cause it think GB's are MB's and says there's not enough space. I loved the music, the paris-setting, the dialogues.. basically everything.
    Part 2 was still quite enjoyable, but I didn't like the 'half 3d'-bits that didn't flow into the 2d-backgrounds, it felt a bit disjointed with all the little missions, and I didn't need the actual puzzles that were included (I prefer just point&click-puzzling).
    Hapiness Is An Inside Job was stuck in my head for weeks though.

17. The new ones aren't bad at all but 3 is the biggest let down, especially if you play it after the first two. 4 went some way to restore my faith in them. I can't remember much about it but I do remember enjoying it a lot.

In other point and click news, one of the unlockables for the new Indiana Jones Wii game is the original Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game! I'm hoping they put it on the DS version as I don't own a Wii *cries*.

18. I liked Super Mario Galaxy, but I don't think it needs a second part.
    It's good as it is.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It is.. but I am excited for a part 2.
    Even if it's almost the same as part 1, cause I loved that one, but after replaying it 2 more times I'm done with it. So getting a bunch of new levels is great.

20. My fucking laptop, which is only 6 months old, needs half a GB more before it can play Sims 3! Fucks sake.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.