General Video Games discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. New suits, and Yoshi!!! It has Yoshi!

2. Oh i love zero punctuation there is a film on youtube from an australian arts and culture show (didn't know they existed) with Ben talking about how much sales gone up for a game when he said he liked a game, amazing sales effect.

3. Every videogame review or message board post in the world should just be replaced with a link to Zero Punctuation.

4. You all have no idea how happy I am to find this thread.

E3 blew my mind! Kind of: it was a B+ sort of affair.

5. At £1.50 a minute, my mum was not happy that I had spent so much time ringing the broken sword helpline - that was not a good time!

6. I'd forgotten about game helplines! Those were the (very expensive) days. I love that they make a joke about them in Monkey Island 2.

7. Oh My God, yes they sooo do! I think there is a reference in Simon The Sorceror 1 or 2 about game helplines as well! The makers obviously knew they were extortionate!

8. God bless the internet right? The internet also allows me to emulate old games as well which is a godsend. It is a bit inconvenient that when a new machine comes along, you can't play your old games. Backwards compatibility helps of course but it only extends a game's life for another generation.

9. As I was nowhere near E3 to even contemplate going I have to say that I'm very tempted by this: http://expo.eurogamer.net/ Especially as the Leeds one is around the corner from where I live. It'll be smaller than E3 obviously but for £6 it's got to be worth a visit. Has anyone been to anything like it before? And is it good?

10. I recently bought the first 3 Spyro games that were on the Playstation. Its scary how much I remember from my childhood while playing them.

11. I wants Ghostbusters: the video game.

Oh yes.

12. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Me too! Once I get bored of the games I'm currently working on I'm so getting it.

13. The Xbox 360 version isn't out in the UK for another few months though. *sad face*
    I'm so incredibly tempted to just import a copy of the game, as it is apparently region free.

I NEED ghostbusters in my life.

14. The Nintendo 64 was and will be the best console ever made. The end.

15. Agreed.
    I loved Legend of Zelda; Majora's Mask and Banjo Kazooie. And Yoshi's Story, haha.

16. Banjo Kazooie is soooo underrated. Genius.

17. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I hate the way the Wii version looks different. But I can't wait to buy it.

18. I'm waiting for the new Harry Potter game which I obsess over. The first two were good at the time then the third one was much better because you could be Harry, Ron and Hermione. The 4th one was crap because it set it out like missions and you couldn't rome around the castle but you could play co -op multiplayer. The 5th was easily the best because they had built the castle like it is in the films and books. The staircase was amazing.

19. Is there any info on those Pokemon Gold/Silver remakes? I'm kind of curious about those.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.