General Video Games discussion | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. - Kanto will be included
    - All Pokémon will be able to walk behind you
    - The Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald legendaries can be caught (Jirachi too, I think)
    - You will get a free pedometer - you can play games on it and every step gains you experience points for your Pokémon!

2. It's out in September in Japan. I still haven't finished the last one actually. I must get back to that.

3. September already? That's quick! I wish I could read Japanese.

4. Ah well, one site I've seen says September, another says fall so it could be later in the year.

In other news, I have only just realised why Tails' real name is Miles Prower. It's only taken me, what, 17 years?!

5. Wasn't Tails' real name mentioned quite a lot?
    (in booklets, in-game, etc?)

I like Tails, and I love Sonic games. Especially Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube. My mum never wanted me to play it because she hated the soundtrack.

6. I loved that game! I spent so long with my chaos.

7. Me too!
    I loved raising my choas, but one day the game reset itself and I lost all of them.
    It was a sad day.

8. Oh I knew what it was, I just didn't get the pun.

I love the Sonic games too, and because I never had a Megadrive I'm only just getting to play them all the way through. I desperately want the Megadrive collection for the Xbox360!

Otherwise I'm just finishing the last three puzzles on (the Cheryl Cole endorsed) Professor Layton. God it's difficult. New one soon!

9. I bought a used Dreamcast years ago for Sonic and Power Stone alone. Oh and Typing of the Dead. Heh.

I'm really excited for those Silver/Gold remakes.

10. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

It is incredible, for the Streets Of Rage series and Golden Axe alone. SO nostalgic. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT.

11. Oh don't! I want to wait until I can get it for a little cheaper! plus I've got other games that I haven't even started playing yet. It's time will come!

12. Me too. Gold/Silver are the best games in the series since Red/Blue.
    And Crystal was absolutely brilliant.

13. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I understand. That's my reasoning for not buying Ghostbusters straight away, too.

14. Am I the only person that pronounced Suicune as "Soos-yoon"? Probably. I mean "Swee-coon"? What the actual fuck.

15. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I haven't finished a game in years. I need to fix that.

The Dreamcast was amazing. Best controller ever.

16. It is SWEE-coon, right? Please tell me it is.

17. It is. I was an illiterate child.

18. I can't believe I haven't posted in here yet, I love games. I have an Xbox 360, PSP and DS but I've owned most consoles at some point (and still have some of the more amazing ones such as the Sega Saturn - I still buy games for it, god bless Ebay). I don't have the same enthusiasm for new games that I used to have, it's not that new games aren't good but more that so many games come out nowadays that I'm lagging about a year behind trying to catch up. This is actually quite good though, since it means nearly all the games I buy are under £20 preowned.

I recently finished Prince of Persia (the latest one) which was incredible, and I've just started a PSP game called Crimson Gem Saga - I'm really liking it, it's an RPG with beautiful graphics (the backgrounds appear to be hand-painted) and a nice old-school feel. I used to be obsessed with RPGs as a teenager, not so much recently but when one manages to draw me in I do get hooked.

19. I'm busy next week working on a show, so there's little point in me buying it tomorrow, but at the end of next week I am so fucking there. I was practically trying to climb into the tv watching the preview for it on the new blu-ray of the film.

20. Since someone has mentioned the Dreamcast I bring you the best game(s) ever.

Discuss

Shenmue and Shenmue 2

Pure class, amazingly immersive

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.