General Video Games discussion | Page 649 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. They require some patience and the occasional walkthrough but they tell a story only possible in a video game its fab.

2. I've been meaning to go replay Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, thought it was the best of the trilogy. I'm not sure I could go back to 999 without the flowchart system and Zero Time Dilemma's ending is a lil bit extra. Crazy that a little handheld interactive story had me fully gripped and anxious throughout though.

Number and joe_alouder like this.
  3. So excited for Xenoblade. I ordered the Pro controller too.

4. I have been the biggest Zelda fan my whole life - Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker - I've been through it all. I adore everything about the series, but wow, Breath of the Wild has been absolutely something else. It's almost like an entirely new game, but it has its roots. I wish I could better explain - it's just stunning.

Totto likes this.
  5. Yes at all of this Breath of the Wild love! My first Zelda experience was Ocarina, but I've been obsessed ever since. For newbies, I would definitely recommend checking out previous titles, but I guess it depends on if you own the old consoles. I wish they'd just make classic games available on the switch store. I mean, there can't be that much fuckery with re-programming for a different console, can there?

How does it compare to something like Zelda?

6. It's way less polished and a little more serious but it's storytelling and lore is way more detailed and worked out than BOTW. The decision-making you have to do in Skyrim feels worthwhile and you really feel part of the world by getting lost in small (sometimes silly) quests and larger political-driven ones.

I don't know....they are two really different games. What they do have in common is that they offer a world that feels real and that you can totally get lost in. I would highly recommend it if you've never played it like me and are looking for a huge world to get lost in.

Itty Bitty Piggy likes this.
  7. I definitely need another adventure game. I’m torn between Skyrim and Xenoblade but both are complete unknowns to me.

I’m 200 hours into Zelda and have nothing left to do in the beautiful world other than bloody Korok seeds!

8. If you preferred the world of BotW get Xenoblade, if you preferred the mechanics of BotW get Skyrim.
    Xenoblade will have a better story too. Get Xenoblade.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  9. RJF

RJF

I'm not sure I have the energy for Xenoblade. It looks like it's going to be an overcomplicated, rather unrewarding battle system complete with the usual JRPG storyline of having an enemy and an ally BUT WAIT!!! the ally is an enemy too BUT WAIT!!!! a MASSIVE enemy is pulling ALL their strings!!!!

I'll see what y'all think of it though.

truman and aaronhansome like this.
  10. Honestly that's what you're going to get ddd but the main selling point of the series has always been the world, so I'm really trying to sell it to y'all who enjoyed BotW for it's world and exploration, I think there's a lot to love (vice versa I love the BotW world but hate the combat, weapon durability really killed the game for me).

aaronhansome likes this.
  11. I like the first Xenoblade surely because of the MMO combat, the world and the music. Everything else is ACHINGLY clichéd and I assume it will be the same for this one but YET.....I want.

truman and HeartSwells like this.
  12. *AHEM*

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES HAS THE ICONIC VOICE TALENTS OF JENNA COLEMAN THEREFORE IS AN 11/10

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  13. I'm gonna wait to get Xenoblade. The reviews confirmed my worst fears that it's a bit of a bloated mess.

I also wasn't into the mood right now for a game that's "open world" but where you basically walk from cutscene to cutscene with the same basic but over-complicated gameplay loop in-between.

I can't wait for the Kotaku review tomorrow because according to Twitter it's going to be savage.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    aaronhansome likes this.
  14. Kotaku in bashing japanese games shocker. (An attitude I don't really get, given their name).

15. Not Zero Time Dilemma, Danganronpa and a few other visual novels going on sale the day after this is posted.Thank you @Sony for monitoring the PJ Videogames thread.

KamikazeHeart likes this.
  16. I just watched the IGN review for Xenoblade 2 and the presenter said "At least 70 hours of adventure" twice.
    I am shook and can't wait to play it over the entire Christmas family awkwardness.

I like Kotaku generally but Schreier seems like the worst. I listened to their podcast and he's awful, speaking over his co host, condescending to him and contrary for the sake of it.

17. To be fair, the Kotaku review is out and he's pointing out the exact same things other reviewers have pointed out. While the other reviewers liked it in spite of it being frustrating, the game was just frustrating to him and that's fair.

I don't get why people are trying to discredit him just because he didn't like the game. His opinion seems perfectly plausible and it's well-reasoned when you read the article. You can still make your own opinion on getting the game or not.

18. I can respect his opinion. I get really upset when games show a blatant disregard for my time, too, so I'd be frustrated with a game that brought out that feeling constantly.

But, I do feel like most JRPG players go into these epics fully aware they're in for a long, complicated ride. I'm still pumped for the game.

19. Jason LOVES JRPGS so I don't get talk about Kotaku bashing Japanese games here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.