General Video Games discussion | Page 722 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. I can't wait to see the beauty of an HD Metroid Prime. Those games were Gamecube showpieces back in their day, and they basically skipped a gen, so the graphical leap should be pretty significant.

2. No Virtual Console for the Switch must mean N64 and Gamecube Classic Minis are in the works. I'll gladly pay money for them tbh, I love my Mini SNES and how you can easily hack it to load more games onto it, essentially giving you a massive library of classic games to play in HD.

3. This would be fantastic, but I don’t think it means anything.

4. I mean, as long as great new games keep on flowing onto the Switch, I definitely wouldn't say no to N64/Gamecube Minis being home consoles for an affordable price.

5. Even though Virtual Console is done, they have to be implementing some other method of getting classic games on Switch, right? Right?

6. ephemeralartery likes this.
  7. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze debut in Japan with 88,421 units sold in the first week... It debut with 35,717 units on the Wii U in it's first week.

Who else but Nintendo can get better sales with an old game on a different system?

[​IMG]

8. Not Sony making me fork out 70 quid on a bunch of games last night on the last day of the Big in Japan sale.

9. Is the Switch able to play third party games like the PS4 and Xbone?
    I’ve been reluctant to buy it because I wanna be able to play more than just the regular Nintendo roster of games. Sure Mario, Zelda & Pokemon are great but I’m not sure they’re enough for me to bother. I don’t like their kiddy games to be honest. So I feel like it would be a waste of money.

10. hmm

11. It can play some third party games, but not as much as the other two current gen gen consoles, though the tendency seems to be for it to get more and more third party support.

12. If you only play the next super HD, AAA titles then the Switch ain't for you, the hardware will never be able to cope. We'll continue to get 3rd party games that aren't as taxing like South Park, Dragons Quest Builders, most indies etc, but if you're after the new Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy or Assassins Creed you should steer clear.

Enjoy your masc games.

Shockbox and papatrick like this.
  13. Nintendo is going to do what they’ve always done: Focus on Nintendo franchises. Is this news to you?

14. LiK

LiK

Which are the best games anyways.

15. LiK

LiK

Switch probably won't get the huge 3rd party games because well it can't handle them without downgrades and most people will wanna play where their friends are online. But even so, why would anyone even wanna play 3rd party games the switch unless you're into portability.

16. Masc gaming? I doubt you’d say that if you saw my games library haha

It doesn’t bother me, I’m just not sure it’s worth getting when I only have 2 or 3 games I want to play. I might wait until there are more released or it’s reduced in price. If the new Pokemon games is a big shake up, I’ll probably buy it just for that. But if it’s anything like Sun/Moon I won’t bother. I love Mario Kart but I have that on WiiU. So I’d be getting it for Odyssey basically.

17. Ha, don’t worry was in jest (and retaliation for calling them kiddy games!).

18. Oh looking back that sounds shady. I didn’t mean it like that haha
    I think I just think that way because my little sister has a Switch, so I just associate it with kids haha

HeartSwells likes this.
  19. RossMusik and papatrick like this.
  20. I've been wanting this more and more recently, I think they will hold off until Switch 2 or whatever but I love thinking how incredible it will look. I think we'll get Pokemon and Animal Crossing this E3

RUNAWAY likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.