General Video Games discussion | Page 988 | The Popjustice Forum

General Video Games discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shockbox, May 4, 2009.

1. There's a rumor that a free-to-play battle royale Titanfall game is dropping tomorrow, speaking of shooters. I have a hard time getting into a FPS anymore--haven't really enjoyed one since Call of Duty 4. But the right game could lure me in. (And on the subject of Titanfall, Titanfall 2 has long been on my list to give a whirl--it had great reviews and is apparently not very long to play through.)

2. I've been playing it recently and it's a) gorgeous and b) really fucking well crafted. It would be a shame if they don't bother with another solo campaign for the series.

3. Surely EA wouldn't release that 2 weeks before Anthem is coming out. Well, if they are, they have well and truly given up on it ddd

4. So they really did do this. I can't at us not getting any news of any other BioWare games the past year because EA was "focusing on Anthem", and now they release another sci-fi shooter, except this one is free to play, two weeks before Anthem's release date. The sabotage is real.

5. Mario Kart is shaking

6. Polygon couldn’t get someone that could actually play the game huh.

7. I'm... thoroughly underwhelmed? This feels almost like a cute and paste of Mario Kart, I don't see a single unique gameplay element (or item for that matter!), at least the Sonic Racing games try something new with boating and flying.

Where's Diddy Kong Racing 2?

JMRGBY88 likes this.
  8. RJF

RJF

It low-key looks like those LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME [REMASTERED ON REAL ENGINE] videos you see on YouTube.

9. LiK

LiK

I mean it's a remake of remaster of a classic PS1 game which was far superior to Mario Kart 64 in every way at the time. Mario Kart has improved since then where as the Crash IP was pretty much dead for a decade till recently.

Game looks great to me. And at least Gamespot hires people who actually know how to play games. A better video.

10. Man, the person playing in the third race knows really well all the tricks from the original.

The game looks glorious, I'm really looking forward to it.

evilsin, LiK and soratami like this.
  11. There is literally not one good kart racing game on PS4 so the fact that we're getting both Team Sonic Racing and CTR Nitro Fueled in a few months is fantastic.

Empty Shoebox, evilsin, LiK and 2 others like this.
  12. LiK

LiK

This has been one of my biggest issues with Sony this generation how they've just abandoned arcade racers or just racing games in general outside of Gran Turismo.

Empty Shoebox and soratami like this.
  13. I'm so ready for CTR.

soratami likes this.
  14. ...it’s a remaster of the original PlayStation game released nearly twenty years ago. It also innovated the jump/boost system Mari Kart would use from the Wii onwards.

Also saying that the Sonic racing games tried something new with boating and flying while also mentioning Diddy Kong Racing which actually did that first? Sis...

inevitable, soratami, LiK and 2 others like this.
  15. Mario Kart 8 is honestly perfect. Like I couldn’t really ask for more with it

16. Are there any switch games that can read save files from other switch games out right now? I kind of wish Smash Ultimate was able to read our Splatoon 2 and (when it comes out) Animal Crossing saves so we can have custom Inklings and Villagers. They have the technology to use customized faces for Mii fighters so it'd be a cute touch if we can use our own Villagers, even if just the face and hair with a generic body.

17. The only one I know of is SSBU reading save data for Pokemon Let’s Go and giving you a Pikachu or Eevee spirit.

eliminathan likes this.

18. I was legit rolling when she kept screaming shit out during this segment of the game in my playthrough.

papatrick, RUNAWAY, evilsin and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.