Georgia - Seeking Thrills (2nd Debut Album) | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Georgia - Seeking Thrills (2nd Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by bestinase, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Till I Own It on repeat right now!

2. After obsessing over About Work The Dancefloor all last year on my first listen to the album and the first 4 tracks are ridiculously strong. Synthpop heaven!

3. Nnñnñnñ I played Poppy's album more

Wishlight and OspreyQueen like this.
  4. I'm really enjoying this. Lovely, lovely start of the new year in music.
    Couldn't care less for 24 Hours when it came out earlier this week, now I'm obsessed.

5. Hey, it's not the worst album released today.

Wishlight, aux and Euphoria like this.
  6. The Thrill is amazing.

Shame about the middle section.

7. About Work The Dancefloor is a banger.

8. love the album - About Work the Dancefloor is the standout for sure

9. Sorta Vanbot feels, too.

Bogdan likes this.
  10. On first listen, it's alright. Not the home run I was expecting.

Then again, I've been too obsessed with the Poppy album to really focus on this.

Wishlight likes this.
  11. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Yeahhh she definitely released the best songs (and Mellow and Feel It) beforehand. The new songs aren't bad but they all feel like a big homogenous blur.

jvckkk likes this.
  12. I don't get some of the criticism? I don't hear a dip in the second half and I think the album is brilliant! That said, I never listened to any of the pre-released tracks so it's my first time listening to everything. Maybe that's the reason?

13. is this supposed to be a bad thing?

¬¬

14. No. The whole album is basically Heartthrob.

Wishlight, Bogdan and djmakemewet like this.
  15. I heard that this album was ready to go last summer and got held back after the singles took off, which makes the inclusion of the weaker tracks even more frustrating considering they've sat on it for so long. The good sis could've written an entire new batch of bops to include in that time.

16. This is growing on me more and more with each listen. How good is Till I Own It? Next single please.

The only two I'm not wild on are Mellow and Feel It. The harder style of those seems to stick out from the warm, synth pop vibe of the rest of the record. Everything else is at least 8/10 for me.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    bonnieetclyde likes this.
  17. I’d only heard About Work The Dancefloor before this, but there’s a lot of good stuff here. The opener is such a strong start, it’s hard to go from there, but there are some real highlights like The Thrill. I must admit I do prefer the single edit of About Work... though.

18. This album is... creatively bankrupt.

It sounds like someone threw FEMME, Girli, and Tegan & Sara's two pop albums into a blender... and came out with less than the sum of their parts.

No number of production flourishes can disguise that it's beige, magnolia, vanilla, whatever.

19. No.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.